Vacuum Packing Bags

Discussion in 'Recipes, Storage and Preparation of Seafood' started by pescador, Oct 7, 2019.

1. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

Wheres the best place to buy online? I've looked on Amazon and don't see anything that says 4 mm which I understand is the minimum you want to use. I've been using FoodSaver bags and want to improve on them if possible. I also intend to buy a better vacuum packer in the Spring (either a Weston or VacMaster). I've found a few on Amazon which seem like a pretty good improvement over my FoodSaver in the $550 range. I just don't see the FoodSaver being able to deal with the quality of sealing I need. Anybody buy on Amazon? If so which bags? I don't want to buy 1000 ft. Just enough for the season.

2. Newf

Newf Crew Member

pescador likes this.
  3. Whole in the Water

Whole in the Water Well-Known Member

fish brain and pescador like this.
  4. scotth

scotth Member

X2 on the bags from Halfords. The last time I had them shipped it was $20 for a box of 1000

Kildonan, Corey_lax and pescador like this.
  5. Waterwolf2230

Waterwolf2230 Well-Known Member

Are you near Black Creek? The Tackle Shack has 4mil bags from Halfords in 8x12 and 11x14. They are way better than Foodsaver. I think they also have 3 pack rolls as well.

pescador likes this.
  6. pescador

In Vancouver. Think I've found some 4mm here. Thanks for the input guys..

7. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Where?

8. pescador

Amazon.

Rain City likes this.
  9. Waterwolf2230

Waterwolf2230 Well-Known Member

I think the 8x12 are $29.99/100 bags for reference.

chipstealer and pescador like this.
  10. saanauk

saanauk Active Member

pescador likes this.
  11. Salmon Seeker

Salmon Seeker Active Member

I really liked the Cabellas bags a couple years ago but i bought some this year and looks like they changed the design. They are not nearly as good anymore imo.