used verado 250 opinions gen 1

adrian1991

Anyone have opinions on these motors? Its an 05
Making a deal to get the motor gauges and controls for 7500
Has a new leg in 2018
And has 700 hrs.

First gen are ok. Get the serial
Number and call mercury to make sure it has all the updates. If your putting on your hourston 20. It is a lot of weight and will go like stink. My first gen had a supercharger startbleaking at 1200 hours. Was 2k for a used supercharger. Sold the motor for 2k. Still ran great just dribble a teaspoon per trip. The first gen need power steering or I should say it is preferred as the steering will be stiff

Yes
First gen are ok. Get the serial
Number and call mercury to make sure it has all the updates. If your putting on your hourston 20. It is a lot of weight and will go like stink. My first gen had a supercharger startbleaking at 1200 hours. Was 2k for a used supercharger. Sold the motor for 2k. Still ran great just dribble a teaspoon per trip. The first gen need power steering or I should say it is preferred as the steering will be stiff

Yes its going on the hourston,
Got a close to full width pod for it sitting in the back for it

Its going to the merc dealer tomorrow for them to do a overall look over and compression check and print out of computer and a serial number look up of updates

Just spoke with the guy on the phone about it with the power steering and will be coming with the 7" digit screen

If the dealership gives it a thumbs up I will be picking it up next week.

Fastest boat to the fishing hole right

Back