USA 2016 Election - the countdown is on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell us... back in the old country did they throw their political opponents in jail on some ginned up charge and would you think that this is way you would like to be treated.....

Ginned up? Open your eyes bud.

People have gone to jail for less and it's purely because of her position she isn't locked up now.

If you think this is about just using a private server then you have it mixed up. She used that server for a reason, she also deleted 30,000 emails for a reason. She is a crook.

And look how that presidency turned out.
This isn't about republican or democrat, I've been a democrat minded person my whole life, it's about having someone there that isn't part of this feeding trough.

it's about having someone there that isn't part of this feeding trough.
So you think that having someone with a different feeding trough is the answer?? Frankly, I'd sooner see 4 more years as the same old rather than allowing that maniac into the equation. Hopefully the majority of US voters will feel the same way.

So you think that having someone with a different feeding trough is the answer?? Frankly, I'd sooner see 4 more years as the same old rather than allowing that maniac into the equation. Hopefully the majority of US voters will feel the same way.

That's fair call. Maybe he will play the same game. Maybe not. Who knows? She will though.
I'm just sick to death of people like her. That's all. I've had enough. I know he has his faults, but I just LOVE the fact the rest of those clowns, republican and democrat, don't want him in there.
He doesn't want war, neither do I. I worry she will bring us to that outcome. I have a young child.
Historically speaking, when we are in the financial state we are in, politicians generally send us to war and we need someone who can at least talk with our "foes". She won't do that, infact it seems she almost wants it. With Russia no less.

Ginned up? Open your eyes bud.

People have gone to jail for less and it's purely because of her position she isn't locked up now.

If you think this is about just using a private server then you have it mixed up. She used that server for a reason, she also deleted 30,000 emails for a reason. She is a crook.

I am no lover of Trump and no lover of this U.S. election but to have to vote for Hilary if you can't stand Trump would leave me very disillusioned. Is she a crook-Remember Tricky Dicky with his bold "I'm no Crook" statement perhaps it's all in your own vision of yourself that you can say that. Something very strange about 30,000 e-mails that disappear( didn't know). Amazing-a 30 year career politician/lawyer didn't know the Secretary of State was supposed to use a secure server and keep e-mails. What about Whitewater? that very shady Arkansas property development that Bill and Hilary were involved with prior to him becoming president-2 of his/her friends went to jail rather than implicate Bill/Hilary only to be pardoned a year later when Bill became president. Voting for Hilary is going to be a Nightmare for the American people- like a bad cop movie -always waiting for that knock on the door and the imminent arrest on the next piece of news or Foundation business that is leaked or confessed to. Just a few thoughts from a Northern neighbour- I can find little to like and nothing admirable about either candidate nor do I take any comfort in knowing we have a real-life soap opera playing out south of the border. The sense of entitlement exists in Canada and we would do well to pay attention to this election and learn from it!!

He doesn't want war, neither do I. I worry she will bring us to that outcome. I have a young child.
Historically speaking, when we are in the financial state we are in, politicians generally send us to war and we need someone who can at least talk with our "foes". She won't do that, infact it seems she almost wants it. With Russia no less.

world war 3? ..... that's an Alex Jones / Breitbart News meme... don't fall for the many conspiracy theories. You are being manipulated by using fear.

I am no lover of Trump and no lover of this U.S. election but to have to vote for Hilary if you can't stand Trump would leave me very disillusioned. Is she a crook-Remember Tricky Dicky with his bold "I'm no Crook" statement perhaps it's all in your own vision of yourself that you can say that. Something very strange about 30,000 e-mails that disappear( didn't know). Amazing-a 30 year career politician/lawyer didn't know the Secretary of State was supposed to use a secure server and keep e-mails. What about Whitewater? that very shady Arkansas property development that Bill and Hilary were involved with prior to him becoming president-2 of his/her friends went to jail rather than implicate Bill/Hilary only to be pardoned a year later when Bill became president. Voting for Hilary is going to be a Nightmare for the American people- like a bad cop movie -always waiting for that knock on the door and the imminent arrest on the next piece of news or Foundation business that is leaked or confessed to. Just a few thoughts from a Northern neighbour- I can find little to like and nothing admirable about either candidate nor do I take any comfort in knowing we have a real-life soap opera playing out south of the border. The sense of entitlement exists in Canada and we would do well to pay attention to this election and learn from it!!

Up in until today I thought there was no way Trump would get in. From what happened today with even the mention of FBI investigating I would say its done. It could have not come at a worse time for Clinton, and its not easy to dodge something like that. Also these polls seem like BS. I have feeling that they are both tied in a lot of states, and the media is skewing numbers depending. I never seen an election quite like this. It will be interesting but I predict Trump ( god help us) will win.

Up in until today I thought there was no way Trump would get in. From what happened today with even the mention of FBI investigating I would say its done. It could have not come at a worse time for Clinton, and its not easy to dodge something like that. Also these polls seem like BS. I have feeling that they are both tied in a lot of states, and the media is skewing numbers depending. I never seen an election quite like this. It will be interesting but I predict Trump ( god help us) will win.

I feel the same way. You don't know how many closet Trump supporters there are. Wait til they are behind a ballot box.
I've got $100 on a trump win, any takers?

Doesn't seem to matter if there's any meat to a story, the US public seems to jump on it. I suspect the final big strike scoops will come out next week. Lets see what BS nastiness the parties have hidden up their sleeves.

I feel like we (yes, the world) but mainly the US are being Bamboozled in a very big way with this election.
There are times when you look back in History and say as someone from a later time - how did that happen? I look back on **** Germany and say how could a nation of intelligent people march human beings off to the oven? By the millions. 'What were you thinking when your government was taking people away?' I ask myself about the people back then..
That is being bamboozled.
I am not sure what the outcome of this election will be, but I do know there is a lot at stake. How we have got to this point is childish and the system is playing to some very base instincts, using lowest common denominator issues and social media.
Lets hope everything works out ok, but I can't help thinking there is a massive trick being plated on everyone right now, and our children will ask us how we were bamboozled.

I feel like we (yes, the world) but mainly the US are being Bamboozled in a very big way with this election.
There are times when you look back in History and say as someone from a later time - how did that happen? I look back on **** Germany and say how could a nation of intelligent people march human beings off to the oven? By the millions. 'What were you thinking when your government was taking people away?' I ask myself about the people back then..
That is being bamboozled.
I am not sure what the outcome of this election will be, but I do know there is a lot at stake. How we have got to this point is childish and the system is playing to some very base instincts, using lowest common denominator issues and social media.
Lets hope everything works out ok, but I can't help thinking there is a massive trick being plated on everyone right now, and our children will ask us how we were bamboozled.

I'm assuming your talking about Trump.

One big difference, Trump is an isolationist. Adolf was hell bent on taking the world.

Globalization hasn't done any favors to the working people of the west. I'm not sure how anyone would argue that fact. Hillary, which has said this is writing, is for open borders and totally free trade.

So by definition, Hillary is more the Hitler (I hate that use of a synonym in regards to this election) than Trump.

The irony here that the left doesn't grasp is that all the things they rail against is what Hillary stands for. Open borders and free trade are LOVED by big business.

Not trying to be argumentative, just playing it as it lays.

I want to reinforce something here.

I'm not here to troll. I don't get kicks out of being a contrarian. It's actually the more noble side to take if you think about it. But I'm opening myself up to being ostracized by a large number of people on this forum which I totally respect.

I have always taken a keen eye to politics and this election has totally taken me back about how things can get so messed up.

Trump is a goose, I've always said that, but I just can't stand the fact that someone like Hillary can do the things she has and continue with impunity. She is a criminal, no one that actually knows the full scope of what she has done could argue that.

I'm not a troll, but I'll throw the other side of the argument out when need be just so maybe this arrogant twat might have a chance to do what he has promised to do.

Isnt the definition of insanity to repeat the same behavior over and over expecting a different result? I'm fine with giving him a go because I know what I'll get with her. My problem is, I've lived a great life under this corrupt regime, so I'm going against my best situation here.

I guess I would be more convinced that Trump is a positive move towards change - if he started that way. He instead preys on the basest human emotion - fear - and aptly uses it to promote hatred and violence. There have been a few POSITIVE leaders who pursued POSITIVE change (e.g. Ghandi) - and Trump is no Ghandi. This will end badly...

Regardless of what Clinton might have done, she is the only one capable of doing the job. Imagine if trump had lived on public record the last 30yrs. Heck he won't even uncover his taxes. He lies to peoples faces, degrades women, minorities, is ignorant on so many important topics and can't complete a coherent sentence. He is a con man preying on those that are angry at the government. Just because he is anti government doesn't make him there ally. The way he speaks, the things he says . . . he shouldn't even be a candidate.

Well Hillary & Bill had the nuke codes once before and we are still here.

I guess I would be more convinced that Trump is a positive move towards change - if he started that way. He instead preys on the basest human emotion - fear - and aptly uses it to promote hatred and violence. There have been a few POSITIVE leaders who pursued POSITIVE change (e.g. Ghandi) - and Trump is no Ghandi. This will end badly...

I worry about that with him. That ego is his biggest downfall to be sure.
The man is a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back