Ultimate BC Fishing Boat?

SaltyAlice

You know what is awesome?
Fishing!
You know what is awesome?
Pounding through chop.

Just when you think you are going to have the best day ever, Howe Sound outflow gets in a fight with the Fraser and then Georgia Straight decides to punch you in the face. Want to run the Alberni canal in the afternoon. Welcome to PoundTown. Chop doesn't bother me personally _that_ much, but some guests (hi mom!) can find it really uncomfortable. You can tackle it somewhat with handling and suspension seats, but ultimately we live in a dynamic and wild part of the world and chop is a way of life in our oceans.

So, wandering around the boat show today it got me wondering what the ultimate BC fishing boat is. If money was no object what would you consider the be all end all fishing machine for our waters? To me it would be a boat that could:
- Comfortably take 4-6 people out fishing, even if it is cold and raining
- Shrug off chop and allow for a comfortable transit to your favourite spot
- Allow for single handling (if you can't find anybody to go fishing with you, it shouldn't stop you!)
- Be equally at home off Bowen as it is offshore Bamfield
- Bonus: overnight on the hook so you can stay out there even longer!

So, what would your ultimate boat be? The show has some beefy looking options including Sea Sports, Ospreys, North Rivers the size of a house, Hewes, Weldcraft, Gradys, and many more. Let's all day dream and postulate what our perfect ultimate BC fishing boat would be. Would love to hear what your ultimate would be!

TipUp - The Ocean Sports look sweet, but I find it hard to find too much info on them. Did I hear something about Nordic Tug making them now?

Hands down Ocean Sport. Great looking and performing boats that can be single handed easily. Saw a guy out at Rats nose off Bamfield by himself fishing.
However you need a lottery win to buy one. About $400k US

I'd say ocean sport roamer is the best boat for all around. Twin diesels, flush deck, interior, etc. The KF 3325 is a beauty. Coastal Craft makes some amazing rigs.

With kids now I want something with a mid berth for overnighting. Not many options. Got to be 30ft plus to get one.

TipUp - The Ocean Sports look sweet, but I find it hard to find too much info on them. Did I hear something about Nordic Tug making them now?
I believe they are built by Lindell yachts out of Washington state.

Back