UGH!! 700,000 chum dead

The story does not make sence, their must be more to it then someone broke in and turned the values.

I have deep connections to the Powell River Salmon Foundation. I will do some digging and let y'all know what I find out.

Alright, here's what I got;
"Details are sparse because we don’t know a lot other than 9 valves to our tanks were adjusted an standpipes were tampered with so that water flows and volumes were inadequate. Lack of water and depleted oxygen in water leads to dead fish.
We are working on coming up with a plan to mitigate the damage done."

Yah what a bugger. I'm in the camp this sounds targeted. If this was just mischief I would think some equipment would be damaged stuff broken but this alomost sounds like they knew what they were doing.

How often are these places checked on it's odd that if this just took place over night that by morning just a few short hours later the fish would be out of oxygen and die so soon.

Yah what a bugger. I'm in the camp this sounds targeted. If this was just mischief I would think some equipment would be damaged stuff broken but this alomost sounds like they knew what they were doing.

How often are these places checked on it's odd that if this just took place over night that by morning just a few short hours later the fish would be out of oxygen and die so soon.
It is rather “fishy”... but what would someone gain by killing chum salmon?

Remember there is no animal problems there are people problems and what your dealing with are two legged vermin .So people are the problem.When will people ,companys stop abandoning their proporty on the water and back country?If its something a person or group love and enjoy they would have a night watchman ,trail cams,sensorlights,public notices to educate, ect,and do everything possable to prevent the vermin from attacking your proporty in the home ,back country and on the water.At 100$ trail cams are great and more people should start working them when leaving your car ,truck for a walk,ride,fish at a, boat launch,campsite,marina,hunting spot,traps, ,.the vermin arn't going away and are awhere of trapping routes.(as posted in another thread) ,access to land and water is being restricted due to two legged vermin attacks . People and companys are still abandoning their proporty and disturbing the peace when their violated.To stay ahead of these vermin psychopaths we must better ourselves as psychologists or be violated over and over .

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back