Ucluelet camping with moorage?

cletus

I would like to give Ukee a try this year,are there any campgrounds that have moorage,or are we better off just staying on the boat(it's a 21' wellcraft)?

Islands West Marina.
Dave

Island West is nice.
Cheaper way to go, dock at the boat basin and camp at the municipal grounds adjacent the basin (about a 3 min walk).
Launch at the airport or Island West.

Island West is nice.
Cheaper way to go, dock at the boat basin and camp at the municipal grounds adjacent the basin (about a 3 min walk).
Launch at the airport or Island West.

where is the boat basin located in relation to island west and the government docks?

I assume that what cheech refers to as the boat basin, is the government dock - a 3-5 min walk from Island West

The government dock is where I prefer to keep my boat, it costs far less than Island West. You may have to raft on some days, especially during the months of July and August.

When I was there last week I noticed that they have added showers and laundry facilities for this season. I also heard that moorage rates have gone up at the govy, but I don't know by how much.

I have stayed both at Island West & the government dock, many times. In the upper channel, you also have several mooring buoys insideLyche Island you can tie to, which I have also done. I would be carefull in picking the area anywhere in there, if you are thinking about anchoring? It gets quite busy, especially around 6:00AM!

One thing not to overlood Island West does have freezer space if lose to them! :)

I prefer staying at the ukee campground
its about a 5-10 min walk or 2 min drive but its got nice treed campsites if your tenting
boat either at island west or government dock

buck up and go to harrisons cove,,,not spensive,if ya stay there with boat they will sell you fuel,, pm me its purdy good value and good food and rooms,, with all the real lodge comforts. close to ukee and toqart

[The government dock is where I prefer to keep my boat, it costs far less than Island West. You may have to raft on some days, especially during the months of July and August.
/QUOTE]

If you enjoy fishing into the afternoon and evening, you may well end up rafting.
Suggestions for courtesy: try to ask the inside boat if it's okay; do not use their lines or fenders, use your own and use lots of bumpers; be careful; be on your boat ready to untie before the crew of the rafted to boat gets there (about 4:30am in July, 5:30 in August):
Do not tie to the outside of the guide with the center console(Mako?). He seems like a good guy to me, but will speak unkind words to you if you slow him down when he is trying to make an early departure with paying customers.

Back