Tyler Boats Build!

Final some progress here a new pic they got one out of the two motors on now and it starting to look like a boat.

1c8a0a96418f495f8733b90065009573.jpg

Will you be doing some trials on OK Lake when she's ready or straight to the chuck?

I just love the originality of this build...gotta love aluminum!

Nice, and an excellent choice of power!! You will love them. Twins are the way to go, you will have way more control and far easier to dock and turn around. We can talk at the Tradex Show if you want some tips on running twins. Mine is in the shop also getting new Suzie power too.

I had a 2009 suzuki 150 on my last boat that motor was great it was super quiet. I have never driven or owned twins before it will be a learning curve for sure. From what I have read the twin will even work better for docking if the motors are mount farther apart like they are on the cat. Will have to do some tests out in the middle of Okanagan lake with nothing to hit.

Will be on Okanagan lake for sure and maybe kootenay lake. I only go to the ocean 3 to 4 times a year it's a long haul from the south Okanagan to bamfield or Bella Bella.

Yep, you will never want to go back to a single. I just point them straight and use forward/reverse thrust to steer and turn. You can run one forward, the other reverse and spin that boat in a 360 degree inside the length of your boat. You can also use the props to walk the boat sideways. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Lemme preface by saying I know **** about catamarans, but is there enough clearance under the middle? Seems like the water displaced to the middle won't have anywhere to go possibly negativley affecting the ride?

When up on step there is going to be very little hull in the water, I not a builder just the buyer and I'm sure that the math is going to work.

Sure looks like it's planned to ride high by the side height at the rear and motor mount height. Pretty cool, gonna be neat to see.

Looking great. Love those twins. That looks like a wicked anchor on the bow. Sorry, missed your earlier question. We are sticking with the twin 225's that is MORE power than I need. My buddy who owns the same Grady just repowered with twin 250's. I think it will be scary fast. Mine will do 50, can't imagine what his will do with larger engines. I get nervous with anything over 30 knots. Just too much junk in the water.

When are you getting the boat? Looks like she is almost ready.

Jac, when I was in France this past October we stayed in Normandy right by Juno Beach (Corsulles Sur Mer). It was a funky little fishing village and I saw this picture of your boats larger fibreglass twin, well sort of anyways. Made me think of your boat so i took a picture. Second picture is of the people who drew the short straw when it came to mooring spots. I couldn't believe at low tide they were just sitting on the mud and rocks. And it happended mulitple days so it wasn't just one really low tide.

IMG_3957_zpsa09a42f9.jpg

IMG_3981_zpsd0ba7afe.jpg

Burnsy22 that a cool pick but I don't think I would want my boat sitting on the beach twice a day metal or not. You would have to plan your day pretty well to use those slips.

I hope to get the boat in early to mid jan I don't think they will get a lot done on it in the next week or two with the holidays

Hey JAC, I've got an aluminum boat cleaning kit NIB that you can have. I was gunna use it on my 12ft tinny but I didn't want to have the brightest boat on the mountain lake.

Hey Fd thanks maybe when I get my boat you should meet me for a day on Okanagan lake. Behave you been out recently?

Back