Tyler Boats Build!

I have searched the Internet and lots of people fish off there landing crafts. At qcl lodge they have a boat with a rear house and downriggers so they most fish off it. I will figure something out and I can't wait to troll with my gear forward so that I don't have to have eyes in the back if my head. The ride in the rear of the boat should be great.

Gotcha, hard to find the perfect boat, especially when you are trying to do multiple applications. Hear you on looking forward, that's why i have a second rear helm and controls. Good luck with the build, see you at the show this weekend.

Will not be at the show harvest right now in the vineyards but will seeya at tradex!

The boat is coming along slowly but still moving! The shelves are going in and the frames for the bunk beds. Behind the driver seat will be a tackle station that will hold 24 plastic tackle trays with a counter top above. There is still one more shelf to go in. On the port side there will be a sink and a Stove going in and storage below!
6873435c925251a2289f929e9b76fd49.jpg

ad13f5648ed0476567d28f5a60bb67ba.jpg

cc4112b3db1540122f1291298a011fa5.jpg

8c031c8315c06fddece69c85367bd6d6.jpg

I'm thinking about adding some outside hand rails on the walkways to make it safer to get back there with a fish on. The walkways will be tight 7" to 9" wide do you think it will be worth it? I'm going to make the rails low like 22" to 28" to make it easier to pass by? Does anyone know what there tightest point on there walk ways or walk arounds are?
41de5bf2ad256f01c47e95fee2416f82.jpg

Jac that boat is kick butt.if it was me i would definately put on railings. Have had a few boats come in a year after we launched them and had rails put on. Most people dont want to compromise the looks of a boat with railings then realize the safety factor after a while of using it.

The walk way is 9" wide using a 1.25 to 1.5" pipe will take away from space. I know it will be tight but do you think it will be enough room. It should be fin because te spot between the house and the gunnel is 7.5" at the tight spot to get to the walkway and I did that fine. I just want to be able to keep mt hands on the rod and reel and not fall in!

If you run the railing back to the stern and carry the line of the top of your forward cap rail i think that would look fine.at the stern where it the railing ends and turns to the deck mimic the back of the house angle.thats what i would do.

Yeah I was thinking something like this I want to have a small spot to walk through the rail when your on the shore or dock. What do you think any thoughts or ideas?
dfc995c442de99fddc22fd8c4d9da78f.jpg

I also could make the rail lower like 22 to 24" so it's easier to pass by like this?
6ca20ae67c6b7bf9b892c5640d8b8c02.jpg

Pretty awesome what you are going for here J. I think you will see no problems in the design you've created as far as fishability goes. It may not look ike your average sportfisher, but any who see it in action will be envious of its versatility. Love it!

As far as the railings, what about incorporating a sliding dive/access gate? (swinging I think would limit you at some docks)

Hey thanks FB! I have had alot of boats over the last 5 years and always wanted someting different. I have thought a lot about this boat and I'm trying to fit a lot into a small boat and still keep it light enough for the Tacoma. I will be putting the rails on the walk way to help in the fish ability of the boat that's what it will be mostly used for. Once I have a good system for fishing, I will be good to go. I would be lieing if I said that I didn't lose some sleep over this idea and how well it will work. I fish a lot maybe 30 to 40 weekends a year so I really want this to work out. I have no doubts that the boat will ride well and handle well and should be great for camping. As long as I can put the fish on the deck I will be a happy guy! Hali killer sent you a PM.

Just a suggestion, but how about connecting a rail to your forward sides then flare it out a bit as the rail runs aft to give you a little more room to pass easily as you walk down towards the stern if you need to play a fish back there. Would add a little bit of safety and function. Looks like you have room for a propane fridge too. That would be sweet for overnighters.

The boat is 8'6 if you make te rails flare out my make trailering even more fun driving through the city! I think that a hand rail on the walk around is going to be a must have!

I'm with Searun on connecting it to the front sides and then coming towards the back. Then have a piece that lifts up as a gate for when you are at the dock.Not sure about flaring it out.

Got the windows and front door in. We went with AJR Slider windows and door, made right here b.c I think in poco. They were not cheap but the look to be high end very nice product!
dced10ea27c816da5331dea445fb9511.jpg

98dccc6161b4767c91dcff2ab3ca85e5.jpg

d8272b1bf5bcecc3db02d8ebcea20d5b.jpg

Back