Tyler Boats Build!

JAC

Hey guys,

I thought I would post some pics of my new boat being built. The boat is a 21.5 by 8.5 welded aluminum catamaran with a rear walk around house. The house is 8 feet long by 6.5 feet wide that will have bunk beds in the rear. The fishing deck will be 7' by 7' all of this will be forward of the house. The boat will be powered with twin Suzuki 90 4stroke. The boat hull should have a dry weight of 2300lbs plus 700lbs of motors.

f332cc87b4bf28c9e20251944e19f161.jpg

b5b7b8ab9aac1d89cb18df765f103514.jpg

e77e319e5a0a4eabbf31b37c3e72aa6a.jpg

wow,, keep on posting as progress proceeds...

better get a towel!

I do a lot of fishing, big lake rainbow trout (Okanagan, kootenay, Shuswap) ocean fishing for salmon maybe 10 days a year along with sturgeon fishing on the Fraser. I hope to do more boat camping and maybe a 3 or 4 night salmon fishing trip. The boat will have bunk beds and also a sink and stove on te counter behind the passenger seat.

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing the whole process come along.

Cory the owner from Tyler boats is the designer of the hull. A lot of the features on the deck and inside the house we talked about together. He knows a lot about building boats he was a commercial fisherman. He does not do any sport fishing so I put on thing that I thought would be needed for my application. The boat is a planning hull and it has a 25 degree deadrise on each sponson. If everything goes right were hoping it will get up on step with just one 90 it would be a great safety feature. Each Suzuki 90 has its own separate 37.5 galleon fuel tank and filter. If one motor was to crap out the other would be independent.

Cory the owner from Tyler boats is the designer of the hull. A lot of the features on the deck and inside the house we talked about together. He knows a lot about building boats he was a commercial fisherman. He does not do any sport fishing so I put on thing that I thought would be needed for my application. The boat is a planning hull and it has a 25 degree deadrise on each sponson. If everything goes right were hoping it will get up on step with just one 90 it would be a great safety feature. Each Suzuki 90 has its own separate 37.5 galleon fuel tank and filter. If one motor was to crap out the other would be independent.

Man i would love to see that thing on plane!!

Looks sweet.

Great option having dual fuel tanks. Looks good so far JAC. Please keep the progress coming. Thanks for sharing.

Catamaran need less power then mono hulls. Most of those glacier bay cats have 115 on them but they are a lot heavier.

GO ALUMINUM!!!!!!ONLY NEED 1/2 THE HP and 1/2 the gas! and you will never have to raft up at the dock, as any glass boat will give you his spot and get out of the way- LOL.

The guys at Tyler boat are making serious progress they just stopped working for the day and its starting to look like a boat!!
245241ac95c604a53ca0034d63edf885.jpg

When plumbing the fuel it would be worth looking into the ability to cross over and feed both engines through either tank. Should just be the case of a cross over line and 2 isolating valves.

Just wondering about the power....
will 90's actually be enough power for a 21' boat ?

I ran a 26ft with 90s. That was underpowered but a 21 ft cat would be ideal.

Really interested to see the boat? any idea of what it will look like? couldn't find pics on the web.

I have a couple drawing that I will try and get scanned. The hard top has a west coast forward leaning look it a pretty mean looking boat! We had planned on putting 70 hp on it but with the 25 degree v on each sponson we didn't want to be light on power. All the number crunching says that we should be able to get up on step with just with just one 90 so time will tell.

Back