Tyee Pool Gear

John Ingram

I would love to see some pictures and measurements for the gear used in the Tyee Pool.

Spoons/Sizes and Colors.
Plugs/Sizes and Colors

I would like to reproduce some of the spoons in brass/copper and stainless

thanks

Thanks for the links Dave,
I have been searching google and have a lot of pictures to pour over. What I'm really after is some of the sizes/material/colors of spoons and
plugs that are used most often and return to the pool year after year and catch the most fish.

This is an experiment to see if I can reproduce some of them.

Thanks again John I.

I have been working on some spoons in brass and stainless.

let me know what you think of the size and shapes

Small 3 1/2"
Medium 5"
Large 6"

Attachments

• DSCF0079.JPG
    DSCF0079.JPG
    575.4 KB · Views: 99
Do you have a welder to make welded rings for the hooks?
No... no welder. I have been looking into making a small induction welder to make the solid rings.
or maybe taking them to a shop to get welded.

Nice work John. Here is some Gibbs #8 for your next batch...

Attachments

• 66C6C272-7225-499D-86CB-72545ED225A7.jpeg
    66C6C272-7225-499D-86CB-72545ED225A7.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 87
  • A4F288DC-5ECA-4691-855F-BFEF8B750B83.jpeg
    A4F288DC-5ECA-4691-855F-BFEF8B750B83.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 82
Depends on material...silver soldering, rod brazing, spot.

I would guess that the best thing for rings would be stainless. now I just have to get the material to practice doing it.

I wouldn't use stainless on brass, copper, bronze, brass or basic metal finishes. Duranickel or brass are good wire rings for metal finished spoons.
Stainless wire rings are good for stainless spoons and painted spoons of any metal base. Hooks play a factor in the spoons substrate system were electrolysis can be present as well.
Took the spoons over to Peetz Tackle on rock bay today and had the rings done. They did a great job.

I’ve got a beautiful old Richmake “Kingslayer” 6000 rod my grandfather gave me. Ken and my Grandfather were great buddies and he’s built me a few trout rods throughout the years. I wonder if this rod would be a great rod for the pool? It has two different top halves that came with it and it’s built on a yellow blank.

I’ve got a beautiful old Richmake “Kingslayer” 6000 rod my grandfather gave me. Ken and my Grandfather were great buddies and he’s built me a few trout rods throughout the years. I wonder if this rod would be a great rod for the pool? It has two different top halves that came with it and it’s built on a yellow blank.

I would love to see some pictures and specs on the Kingslayer.

Back