twin 115s 20 foot hourston

adrian1991

Any one run twins on there hourston with a kicker?

Is it feasable or a single 200
Found a deal on a pair rigged up
Let me hear all your input the good the bad and ugly

Twins with a kicker would be heeeaaaaaavvvvvvyyyyyyy! And why would you need a kicker when you've got twin mains anyway? I think even twins without a kicker would be too heavy

I have a single 2010 250 hp Etec for sale. 372 hours. Minty condition. Diagnostic available. No rigging unfortunately. Xl leg. Located in Sidney.
$10k price tag

The 200 option and 9.9 kicker would probably work the best, some have placed a 250 on a 20'er. It will perform well with either... :cool: @MadJigga that would make the little Hourston screaming fast, w/lots of power :eek: would like to have a pic if it happens. SICK!

Last edited:
The 200 option and 9.9 kicker would probably work the best, some have placed a 250 on a 20'er. It will perform well with either... :cool: @MadJigga that would make the little Hourston screaming fast, w/lots of power :eek: would like to a pic if it happens. SICK!
And be lighter than a four stroke. I have a 225 etec on my 20’ Grady overnighter. The only difference between the 225 and 250 is the computer.

I put a new Merc 200 on mine this year. Floats fantastic, ride is much better than when I had the 275 verado. Made the boat 50 % better. All I can say is keep the wieght down. The 180 pound diet mine took made the boat much better. Top speed is 48 mph still
That's very impressive. What prop did you end up putting on? I've got the same hull with a 250V8 merc so a little heavier and a 9.9 pro kicker. Mine is pretty heavy top speed is 47-48mph now with 18p eco with about half load 2 people. All I can say is these little boats are weight-sensitive! before i put a tone of systems and extra weight in the boat did 54-55MPH but those days are lonng gone!

what kind of twins? i feel like twin 115's would be okay with a full planning pod and no kicker. Depends on the overall weight and the pod design. These boats enjoy trim tabs.
Any one run twins on there hourston with a kicker?

Is it feasable or a single 200
Found a deal on a pair rigged up
Let me hear all your input the good the bad and ugly

I would only do it with a full width hull extension, even my 3/4 width extension shed be too heavy in the stern. Would be sweet having twin screws though!

I would only do it with a full-width hull extension, even my 3/4 width extension shed be too heavy in the stern. Would be sweet having twin screws though!
Probably correct. Right now on 20'hourston my main engine is about 550lbs+108lb kicker+40lb jack plate so 698lb overall. The twin Merc 115s CT would be 726lbs so a bit heavier but probably not a deal-breaker if a guy had to have twins. Personally I like the single-engine for improved fuel economy. A full-width transom planning pod with integrated trim tabs would have more than enough floatation but that would be a little tricky to build..

Probably correct. Right now on 20'hourston my main engine is about 550lbs+108lb kicker+40lb jack plate so 698lb overall. The twin Merc 115s CT would be 726lbs so a bit heavier but probably not a deal-breaker if a guy had to have twins. Personally I like the single-engine for improved fuel economy. A full-width transom planning pod with integrated trim tabs would have more than enough floatation but that would be a little tricky to build..

... and you are just the one that could pull it off :)

That's very impressive. What prop did you end up putting on? I've got the same hull with a 250V8 merc so a little heavier and a 9.9 pro kicker. Mine is pretty heavy top speed is 47-48mph now with 18p eco with about half load 2 people. All I can say is these little boats are weight-sensitive! before i put a tone of systems and extra weight in the boat did 54-55MPH but those days are lonng gone!
I run a 15p eanertia. Was out on the weekend wot 5800 rpm 43.8 mph. I got the 8 and 3 backwards. I can trim up to the point of cavitation and not porpoise

I run a 15p Enertia. Was out on the weekend wot 5800 rpm 43.8 mph. I got the 8 and 3 backwards. I can trim up to the point of cavitation and not porpoise
okay, this makes more sense. I have a 17 pitch eco enteria new in the box. you should give it a shot it might be a little bit too much prop but could be just perfect (it will be a good deal). I run an 18 pitch eco on my v8 but my boat is very very heavy I think yours is lighter and your pod has less drag so it might work perfectly. I get 5550-5600 RPM WOT with the eco so you might only get 5200-5300 max revs but that's within spec and i talked to merc its not bad for the engine at all you should see a 10-15% fuel bump :). Mine porpoises like a mad dog with no trim tabs, it needs about 15-20% tab for maximum fuel efficiency. I find I'm constantly playing with the trim to max out the MPG all part of the fun in a nimble little boat.

Back