Tuna-Southern Vancouver Island

Charter Tofino

Game on! Tuna Don had a big haul yesterday and we got into them today. Less than a 40 mile run from Bamfield. Big size avg around 25

:p SWEET!!!!!

We pulled the pin at 15 as there was just two of us. It was singles until the end when we finally found a decent school but we were done at that point.

I'm coming up to bamfield end of July for 10 days, you guys doing tuna then? I've never tried but would like to buddy boat along. I've got a 24' seaport gas I/O.

Kelly,

Are you able to troll fast enough with the twin 25 hp kickers, or are you still having to use the main for Tuna? Pretty amazing set up to say the least!

FishWish

Looks like the July tuna fishery is "a thing" now on our coast. Way to go guys!!!!
Bamfield: Tuna fishing capital of the Canadian west coast? Maybe this year!

Nicely done :cool:.

Awesome photos. Thanks for the updates over the weekend. We were with you guys in spirit.

It has looked good down there for quite a while and with the sw push the last couple of days obviously made it even better. That patch is connected to all the Washington action lately. Way to capitalize on all the stars aligning!

Kelly,

Are you able to troll fast enough with the twin 25 hp kickers, or are you still having to use the main for Tuna? Pretty amazing set up to say the least!

FishWish

Nope, he uses those for salmon. The diesels cruise at 6 knots nicely and throw a good tuna wake.

If the tuna continue to hold close to town, I suspect there will be boats running out steadily on good weather days.

now that's fish **** right there... hehe.

I am blown away by them photo's.. What a beast that last one was!! Great report![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back