Truck tires

Discussion in 'General Open Forum' started by scott craven, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:15 PM.

1. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

I just bought a set of Cooper Discovery LT tires
    265/70/R17 $180.00 a piece at Crappy tire

anybody running them ?

John s likes this.
  2. John s

John s Crew Member

I put a set on last fall. So far they are not bad. I. Run in on the bamfield road at twice a month. There not cutting up like my Bridgestones The coopers like to hold the gravel so have good mud flaps if running the gravel.

3. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

They seem decent,
    On a side note
    I had an intermittent headlight problem that I suspected was a poor
    wiring socket and asked them to look at.
    a charge of $57.50 + tax was accessed to confirm it which I told them to poke ! (and they did)
    $165.00 to repair ??
    $20.00 part and 5 mins and did it myself.
    beware of the ripoff's !

CRGreg, Trophy and John s like this.
  4. John s

John s Crew Member

And for something fairly simple to fix.

5. Kildonan

Kildonan Well-Known Member

I had a local dodge dealer charge me 30 bucks to change the upper brake light bulb on the top of the rear door on a mini van and didn’t even ask them to do it. It was a minivan in for a warranty check. 30 BUCKS!! I was super pissed off and never went back. I’ll never set foot on that lot again.

CRGreg likes this.
  6. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

http://ca.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-s-t-maxx

Im running these on my full size as i got them in alberta for a price I couldnt turn down 4 years ago.as for a report coming home in November on #1 roads were bad and thats what sold me the gripped the snow and ice very well didnt spin once but im always cautious, been on 3 moose hunts 3 praire hunts and around here and id say they are at about 60 % left very impressed so far. ill buy again when its time

John s and Whitebuck like this.
  7. ReelSlim

ReelSlim Crew Member

I put a set of Cooper Weather Master snow tires on the wife's Jeep. I bought a cheep set of after market rims to make my life easier. Obviously a softer tire than you bought but after 4 crappy winters in Northern Alberta running the kids all of the place there is very little wear. The Jeep is pretty sure footed to start with but really good with the Cooper tires.

Attached Files:

8. trophywife

trophywife Crew Member

bam road.. toyo mt, or m55