Trotac 2 Day Sale...

sammyslabber

10425047_10153044331071071_5232438464127907444_n.jpg

Any idea of the hours?

Guess I missed it! Not well advertised!

That's BS..... Why? If someone wants a booth and can pay for it they should be allowed. Blocking a business from a show is wrong.

Because it's island outfitters show and they don't want trotac or wisebuys to be there that's why

That's BS..... Why? If someone wants a booth and can pay for it they should be allowed. Blocking a business from a show is wrong.

Because it's island outfitters show and they don't want trotac or wisebuys to be there that's why

I would of liked to have gone to a show that had a sampling from more of the area retailers, including everything from the small fly shop to big boat sellers. Maybe a few guides, outfitters promoting fishing vacations including a few from exotic places. But not I presume? Too bad.

Not going to reply to that....... Lots to say but I am going to be a good boy :)

C'mon Owen, that's unlike you!

I think it's brutal they won't let a little friendly competition in.......but they hands down can't compete with trotac on boating/fishing stuff, and I don't think they give a flying $h1t......and that's why my money doesn't go to I/O.

it's their show and the monopoly will continue

I think its commendable that Campbell has the courage to close TroTac on Sunday. He realizes that His staff have a life (they would work and he would not) and a few extra bucks in the till is not worth it. Thats my 2 cents

I think its commendable that Campbell has the courage to close TroTac on Sunday. He realizes that His staff have a life (they would work and he would not) and a few extra bucks in the till is not worth it. Thats my 2 cents

I agree Barrie, people need at least one regular day off a week.

island outfitters is a major sponsor, I don't think it's their show. From a business prospective they should have as many booths as are interested. Short sited as it could be an great show if capital iron, industrial plastics and paints, MEC and anyone who wanted to sell to the boating crowd was invited. I went for 45 minutes and enjoyed it, all a boater can spare on a great weekend like this.

Trotac extend your sale for a week!

A good Outfitter or business is open on Sundays..

This mentality is part of the problem of the "want everything" society we live in now a days. I'm from Nanaimo. I come down your way a few times a year. The only store I stop in at is TROTAC. I don't mind that they are not open on Sunday's. Everyone needs a day off including the owner :). Most of the good outfitters that I frequent are in fact closed on Sunday's. I say good on em and keep up the good work on the days that they are open :cool:.

Thanks for posting Sammy. Great store. I hope they did well with their sale :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this is straight from the shows website. "Back this February 2015 and in conjunction with Island Outfitters, Canwest Productions is pleased to produce the largest and most successful Boat, Fishing, & Outdoor Show on Vancouver Island to date!" Island Outfitters owns the show. Period. They have hired CanWest Productions to manage the show and bring in some of the space fillers like the guy that sells hot tubs or TENS machines. CanWest sells the space, takes their cut, and sends the cheque to Outfitters.

Outfitters offers space to anyone who wants to attend. They even invited Trotac. There is a proviso however. Any vendor who wants to attend cannot display any product that directly competes with anything Outfitters sells. This is in the agreement that vendors have to sign to get a spot at the show. Last year, Trotac had arranged to attend the show and were told they were welcome show up with a few of their T-shirts and some toilets.

If Island Outfitters wants to pony up, rent the arena, pay for management and advertising, she'll all their crap down there, merchandise the place, and staff the place all weekend, then they can operate the show whatever way they want. I don't think they misrepresent what the show is, but they certainly don't go out of their way to publicize the fact that it's their show exclusively. I just think it would be a better show if more suppliers were involved, but it isn't my show. It's clearly the Island Outfitters Boat and Fishing Show.

For what it's worth, I will also say that none of the above is opinion or hearsay. I have spoken with folks from all parties because I gave feedback on how I thought the show could grow for next year. This post is a summary of four different conversations I had between Monday and today. I hope there are some changes to the show next year or I won't be back. It's just too limited the way it is designed now.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Trotac has a good service so being closed on Sunday really doesn't mean anything,and is why I keep going back... I also like they work closely with Harbor Chandler... Isn't PNT closed on Sunday too? They have good service as well and I try and stop there when I am up island...

Back