Trollmaster Pro Remote Throttle Only

photo_zpsbkfptfjp.jpg
photo_zpsbkfptfjp.jpg

I purchased mine in 2008 for $245.00 US from Topline Control, Culdsac, Idaho , but I think they sold the business. Mine is the Troll Master Pro II and the control unit is mechanical. It was one of the best improvements to my boat. I can fine tune the throttle ever so slightly which is impossible to do with the tiller handle. The only issues I have had were with the electric connection at the kicker and the control unit caused by moisture. Now every year I spray these connections with dielectric grease and everything is good.

Ill prob build my own this winter hopefully! but from what I can what you pay for the kit and it being plug and play pretty much seems like a great system

I've had one about 7years, never a problem. Mine has a digital display but still very basic.

anyone have any experience with these different remote throttles for kickers ,
gonna install one this spring , really basic one right next to my rear helm ,
no steering needed , just throttle

http://www.trollmasters.com/pro-and-pro-2

water issues ? reliability ? durability ? etc etc...
anyone know where ta find a good deal , new , used ??

thx in advance

felix

I have one new in the box for a merc 9.9 four stroke (I bought it for a 2009 model) in case you have the same motor let me know

sweet , im installing on a newer yamaha 4 stroke ,
id have ta look into compatibility issues with a dealer ,

get back ta ya shortly

felix

Pretty sure it's a different model as I ended up with a new Yamaha kicker and needed to buy a different troll master unit - but was worth a mention !

anyone have any experience with these different remote throttles for kickers ,
gonna install one this spring , really basic one right next to my rear helm ,
no steering needed , just throttle

http://www.trollmasters.com/pro-and-pro-2

water issues ? reliability ? durability ? etc etc...
anyone know where ta find a good deal , new , used ??

thx in advance

felix
I installed a Pro3 this summer and love it. The feature where you can hit the idle button when you have a fish on is awesome. It basically slows the boat down to the lowest possible speed which still keeps you tracking straight and with a press of the button you can return to the exact speed that you caught the fish at. It is incredibly precise. I installed mine on a new Mercury 9.9 ProKicker. It has kind of a gasket that the wire goes into which should stop any chance of water intrusion into the motor. So far for me its a winner...Do you have a 9.9 or 15? Did you want the remote steering capability? I got the pro3 so I could add remote steering down the road. I ordered mine in through the Tackle Shack. Installation was a breeze even for a not so mechanically inclined guy like me...

sweet , im installing on a newer yamaha 4 stroke ,
id have ta look into compatibility issues with a dealer ,

get back ta ya shortly

felix
The models have to match perfectly. I was very careful when I ordered mine as they have a lot of options. The reason being is that each motor has a specific bend and size difference on the arm that is controlled by the servo. Mercury and Yamaha are totally different.

The unit Barman mentioned is pretty much the same as mine...mine is called a TrollKing but I think its the same unit, just a name change as it looks identical. I've had mine since 1992 and have only replaced the servo motor which are available at most hobby shops. Mine is up front in the cabin where it stays dry as my Yamaha remote control throttle is out on the rear deck. Not sure how moisture would effect it.

I've used a TrollMaster for years. Works great. You'll love it. I have replaced the Servo a couple times. I just buy them through Ebay and keep a spare on the boat at all times. Super easy to change it out if it ever fails.

I would recommend you look at an iTroll http://www.itroll.us/itroll.buy.html. I have had one of these - the original model - for getting on for four years and have found this excellent. I have mine set-up so that it is housed at the front helm but that I can transfer in less than a minute to the rear helm. Totally waterproof.

mount.4.template.jpg

Have had my itroll like above for 3 seasons and no problems. Mine sits out in the weather at the rear station.

Back