Trolling reel

DyingBreed

Anyone have experience with both the shimano tekota tek301hglca (size 300 line counter) and the daiwa lexa 300 line counter?
Looking for new reels in the 300 size for trolling for kokanee and trout. Any pros and cons to either reel? I like both brands and they are close in price. I was leaning towards the tekota but cant find many reviews. Any input is appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201008-214048_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201008-214048_Samsung Internet.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 27
I was looking at reviews of the 500 size TekotaLC from Great Lakes Salmon anglers they said it's better built than the Daiwa-then had a look/played with the Daiwa at Bass Pro and I agree it feels flimsy somehow (which is unusual for Daiwa).

The low profile coldwater okuma line counters are really nice, for smaller applications in freshwater I'd check them out for sure

Well I played with a daiwa lexa at cabelas and it felt abit cheap for a reel priced at $269 so I pulled the trigger on 2x shimano tekotas. Never got to feel one up but I figure if I dont like them ill just send them back. Ill update this thread once I get them in my possession.

I have a tekota in a 500LC size I think definitely a quality reel too, cant go wrong with either them or the Okuma's

I've got a level wind Torium 16 and 20 (step up from the tekota) and also a lexa 400 baitcaster. Both excellent reels but Lexa definitely doesn't feel like a rigger reel.

Torium 20s here for deeper trolling.

Diawa Lexa 300 is a river salmon/steelhead reel. fits the hand well, balanced, great colour paint job, no problems for me so far.
If it is for Kokanee, then something small...

Back