Trip to Arrow Lake

zpruden

Hi
Looking to take my kid out on Arrow Lake for a 3 or 4 day fishing trip and have never been. any info or tips would be greatly appreciated. I have 1650 sports fish with downriggers
Thanks

plugs and bucktails, should be in the top 50' this time of year with the water being cold. color combos would be black/red/white , brown,yellow,black , black/white/gray for bucktails, lyman plugs or fishinator plugs in variety of colors, gotos for me would be fishinator shrek 2.0, betty white, chasin tail just some of the colors.

Reactions: KCW
3 and 4” Tomic classics (smaller spring, larger fall) trolled fast (3-4mph) in Kokanee colours (212, 500, 632, 700 and 727 some of my faves) also work well on our Interior lakes with Kokanee or sockeye fry as the primary food source for the larger piscivorous trout! As said, with cooler spring water temps fish won’t be too deep. Another key is fact Kokanee and sockeye fry feed heaviest in upper water column at first and last light ... and their predators know this, so plan to fish your best locations at those times (there’s a reason guides and locals on the lake at first light catch the big ones and most sun worshipping tourists fishing mid-day don’t fare as well).

Can’t under estimate need to troll fast. General rule of thumb where there are trout (rainbows) and char (lakers and bull/dollies) is that if you’re trolling under 1.5 you’re going to get mostly char, over 2.5 mostly trout. These are big, aggressive fish eating predators and 4mph is not fast for them. The small classics really dance at those speeds! Good luck!

Cheers!

Ukee

You gotta work for them but there’s nothing like big, wild rainbows! My biggest last year (out of Shu) was “only” 8.6lb but three massive jumps and seven solid runs like only those big rainbows can! Haven’t set the boat up yet this year due to Covid, so have missed the best of the spring action as Shu is coming up now. I’ll fish it hard in the late fall.

Cheers!

Ukee

You gotta work for them but there’s nothing like big, wild rainbows! My biggest last year (out of Shu) was “only” 8.6lb but three massive jumps and seven solid runs like only those big rainbows can! Haven’t set the boat up yet this year due to Covid, so have missed the best of the spring action as Shu is coming up now. I’ll fish it hard in the late fall.

Cheers!

Ukee
Smolts are thick in the shu right now and the fish are filling their gut with them that’s for sure!

I used to do well with a planer board out one side. The Bows don't like the boat.
Big 5 Diamonds gets the Dollies, Apex good for all. Casting the outlets with a small spoon can be good.
Don't forget Kokanee are in there too.

Back