Transducer got whacked again

staying alive

tucked the boat away for the winter , when I was doing the gear oil I look up and see my transducer hanging , that’s about the 3rd one in 10 years , it’s getting old , must of hit a stick I guess
here’s a crazy idea , I want to get a thru hull transducer and mount it to a bracket of some kind I will make , and mount it where the old one was on the stern , probably just use a piece of aluminum angle about .090 thick so it can bend if it it takes a good whack
Dont want the hassle of pulling up the floor to mount it in the hull.
Also seems weird to drill a big butt hole in the bottom of my boat , anybody want to talk me out of it

Are you sure it got hit? Do you have a roller trailer and if so how far away is the closest roller? When you hit the brakes hard your boat canl move forward a few inches...the bow will raise up in the post rollers and the boat will move forward. Ask me how I know. I now use a shackle between the winch post and the bow eye (instead of the safety chain and hook) so there is no way the bow can move.

I looked up the alumaducer looks good , does anyone have any experience with them good, bad, so so

i had it on my last boat. works ok. only issue is if it does go bad its impossible to remove. the glue bonds like a weld to aluminum hulls. also it will give you the same performance as any other transducer of that power range so dont expect 2000ft scans more like 500ft max.

Zurk - Yeah I don’t need 2000 ft range , don‘t need to see what’s in Davey Jones locker , 500’ is good
Macro - yeah I’m leaning towards mounting it on a bracket where the old one was off the back , the regular ones are just too fragile , time to try something new and exciting got the winter to ponder it , I’ll search on Mr. Google and see if anyone else has tried it

Back