Tranny repair shop sought

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by Tightlines22, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

1. Tightlines22

Tightlines22 Well-Known Member

Needed my F-150 truck to tow the other day and went to backup. No reverse. Heard a small clang and nada. Looked online and seems to be a common problem with reverse gear/band/ clutch going. Ticked off as only 130,000 kms on truck.

Anyways it’s stuck in my driveway in North Delta. Can anyone recommend a shop they trust. It drives forward if I can get it out of my driveway somehow. Even in neutral it wants to stay put.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 11:16 AM
  2. Gong Show

Gong Show Active Member

Hoo boy, was a bit afraid of opening this thread!
    Sorry, can't help with your Ford transmission.

Really happy that you are not looking for help with your man or woman bits.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Highliner and Rain City like this.
  3. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

Benz.. but they are in ridge.

Whitebuck and Tightlines22 like this.
  4. triplenickel

triplenickel Well-Known Member

Trannys need acceptance not fixing.

5. John s

John s Member

There is a good tranny shop out here in Langley. 16 ave 232st. If you want his number. Pm me

Tightlines22 likes this.
  6. Tightlines22

Thanks. I’m hoping for a recommendation a bit closer to me first. If not I will message you.

7. Tightlines22

Haha. Just the F-150 for now. All personal bits are still working fine!

Gong Show likes this.
  8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Blackwell industries in delta did my neighbors 48re in his dodge and for a smoking deal. He has nothing but good things to say about them. Stay away from Ben's. They did mine and 20,000 later my torque converter locked up solid. Read on Google reviews exact same thing happened to another guy with same truck as me. (Dodge 3500)

Tightlines22 likes this.
  9. Rain City

Rain City Well-Known Member

I was hoping this would go there. I was going to say I'm not sure you ever could reverse that deal.

triplenickel and Gong Show like this.
  10. chromatose007

chromatose007 Active Member

Might want to look into getting a factory re-man. Studies show 1/3-2/3 transmission repairs are not done correctly.
    Source: Scotty Kilmer YT. There is a Ford Tech that does videos too.
    Gl

Tightlines22 and 1marko like this.
  11. 1marko

1marko Active Member

there's a place in tilbury...I ll see if I can
    dig up the name but x2 on the reman
    best deal all around and usually better then factory..

MC Auto and transmission

Tightlines22 and chromatose007 like this.
  12. Tightlines22

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions.

13. Saveth

Saveth Member

I have also used these guys in the past and recommend them also. They also had the best pricing when I called quite a few shops for a quote.

Tightlines22 likes this.
  14. Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express Active Member

No help otherwise to agree to go for a reman unit vs having repairs done.

Curious what year F150 and what engine/transmission? I'm running a 2013 F150 with the 3.5 turbo and 6spd auto. I swear it feels more clunky now going in to 4th gear sometimes. 155,000kms and counting

15. profisher

profisher Well-Known Member

My brother is an auto transmission tech...and a good one..but he is at a shop called Thunder Alley in Penticton.

16. Tightlines22

Mine is a 2007 4wd XL. Ran perfectly and reverse stopped without warning.

17. Corey_lax

Corey_lax Active Member

At that year, I would look at finding a used transmission or reman unit. Less hassle than rebuilding.

Earlier this year I had to rebuild my transmission (2012 Ram 3500 Cummins 68RFE) and Mister Transmission in Maple Ridge was the best deal. Rebuilt, Upgraded torque converter and cooler, and changed all other fluids in the truck for cheaper than Benz price. They were about a grand cheaper than any other price and they gave a courtesy car. I got prices from many different shops before deciding on Mister Transmission.

Gone are the days of the $2,500 CASH deal at Benz in Maple Ridge for a cummins transmission rebuild. They have new ownership in the last couple years and price was closer to $6,000 now.

18. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

That’s not many kms for the tranny to go.

19. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

its a Ford.... THREAD OVER lol jk but still its a ford..

[​IMG]

brutus and Fishtank like this.
  20. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

i own a fleet and they have taken care of all our needs over 25 years... any problem and they backed it up.. and yes, transmission is a different part than a torque convertor.