Trailer load guides?

I’ve used them both. Great when loading the boat solo or retrieving in skinny water. For smaller or lighter boats, I’d go with post. Longer or heavier vessels, bunk works better. You can find good deals on Amazon for the bunk model.

I have bunks for my Striper. They work great, particularly for a larger, heavier boat. Only downside that I can see is that they have to be removed to clean/wax the hull. Mine are easy to remove, though, so it hasn't been a problem.

Agree with "BCRingo",with the high sides of your 26 you may want to add a ladder off the side bunks to get in easier.

I have bunks for my Striper. They work great, particularly for a larger, heavier boat. Only downside that I can see is that they have to be removed to clean/wax the hull. Mine are easy to remove, though, so it hasn't been a problem.
What brand did you get?

I had bunks with rear guide posts for my 2700 SeaSport and could launch and retrieve easily by myself as long as a dock on the side. The bunks were 4x6 with the plastic guides on top.
With bunks you can get your boat lower to the ground and need less water to launch.

Looking to put some side bunks on my trailer also. Let me know if you find something good, my boat doesn’t seem to load perfect every time that’s for sure.

I bought these from Amaxon and am very happy with them.

Attachments

• 99202E4E-3DD1-4C16-A475-AC22E769B713.png
    99202E4E-3DD1-4C16-A475-AC22E769B713.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 75
I was going to put side bunks on my trailer for my 16’ double eagle when I swapped from rollers to bunks but somehow the stars aligned, and where I set the bunks the boat centres within 1/2” every time.

I was going to put side bunks on my trailer for my 16’ double eagle when I swapped from rollers to bunks but somehow the stars aligned, and where I set the bunks the boat centres within 1/2” every time.

I have the same situation with my Striper. HOWEVER, every now and then when the current is running the wrong way or there's a cross wind at the launch, the guides sure come in handy.

Lee this is what I went with but need to add a centering Keel roller on the trailer yet and then some side guides or add rollers to keep the stern square on the trailer bunks.Capture.PNG

Back