Traction on slippery rocks

sly_karma

Crew Member
A few years back I bought neoprene boot foot waders for river fishing. Price was right and I didn't know about the option of stocking foot waders with felt sole boots. They've been really good on the watertightness front but the boots with moulded lug solesdon't have much grip onslippery river rock. This year I tried a pair of Korkers Casttrax cleats, and wow what a difference. I was dubious that steel spikes would grip on rock but the first few steps opened my eyes. Once the straps are adjusted right, they click in perfectly every time and the grip is solid. Highly recommended and they're a lot cheaper and quicker to put on/take off than felts.

Good to know, I have a buddy who has been hesitant to put his corks on. Will have to show him this!

Cheers,

casttrax.jpg.6c50ec622af20eb57fcd4af8a1877a37.jpg

Makes me wonder if I should get a set for the few snowy days we have on the island

Felts are great but snow sticks to them but now they make clip on sole boots so you can Change from felt to rubber easily

Makes me wonder if I should get a set for the few snowy days we have on the island
I was planning to try them on snow too. They're a decent fit for my winter boots.

Felts are great but snow sticks to them but now they make clip on sole boots so you can Change from felt to rubber easily
Yah I wish I had done more digging into the Korkers first but they are also so expensive in comparison. These seem like a decent option for the few snow days we have to go over my felt waders.

I didn't think I would need them so I chucked 3 pairs of new slip on ones. A couple weeks ago I picked up everything I need to start fly fishing from a nice older gentleman who said he tried it twice and never got into it. All Cabellas stuff from the boots, neoprene stocking foot waders, 2 rod and reel sets, vest and net to flies etc.box for $200. It's been a while... but I'm a 5 minute walk to the river.

Back when I fished the rivers I had felts on my boot foot waders and then slip on overshoes with Aluminum bars riveted to the bottoms.

Worked great

4C78DBBC-8A82-4DBE-A845-E5519DAA22B4.jpeg
Back when I fished the rivers I had felts on my boot foot waders and then slip on overshoes with Aluminum bars riveted to the bottoms.

Worked great
Yup used the same ones on the Thompson for years. Sea Run carried them at one time which were made by a mutual friend.

Back