Towing a 185 Double Eagle

fishwish

Question for you all...I know that I can look at the numbers of boat/trailer/gear weights as well as look at towing capacity...but I am looking to see if any of you have any first hand experience with the following.

Any of you tow a 185 Double Eagle with a Tacoma DC 4x4 (4.0L)?
If so, how is it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

FishWish

While not exactly related (close enough I'm sure) I tow a 17'Hourston with a 4.0l Tacoma and it doesnt even know its there. You can feel it a little bit on braking, and mileage changes a bit, but not dramatically. You should no issues with the 185

Question for you all...I know that I can look at the numbers of boat/trailer/gear weights as well as look at towing capacity...but I am looking to see if any of you have any first hand experience with the following.

Any of you tow a 185 Double Eagle with a Tacoma DC 4x4 (4.0L)?
If so, how is it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

FishWish
I'm a little closer I tow a 176 de with my Tacoma extra cab 4 ltr absolutely no problem at all and I believe the 185 is only 400 lbs or so heavier

I have a 2010 DC short box Tacoma with the 4L (standard with tow package). You will have no issues towing though she does get a little thirsty.

Yup no issue, years back i towed a 17 double eagle which weighs only slightly less than the 185 with a 90's toyota with the 3 litre engine. Those engines were dogs and i never had one issue, not even on the malahat.

ah, the 3 Slow (slight thread de-rail) - mine never ate a head gasket, but the old thing was definately thirsty! never met a gas station she didn't like.

Just came back from North island, towed my 18.6 DE up with gear for 2 weeks with my 92 Toyota 3 ltr. Yes they are dogs, "slow" up and over Malahat and the 120km part-not 110km max (due to gear change). Had no issues, done this trip many times no issue, yes would like to go like full size trucks but do with what I built. Not sure about the 4 ltr, almost done next build so 3.4ltr will be tested next.

My boat trailer does have stainless disc brakes, so that helps with the downs.

HM

Thanks for the replies!
Useful information and great help for my decision making.

Tight lines to you all.

FishWish

Back