Tow Vehicle Tackle Box

SeaWolf

I picked up a Digital Temperature Reader a few years back that I use to check my hub temps religiously. Usually the hubs read with 5 Degrees of each other. Checked them on Friday and one side was running about 40 Degrees hotter when I stopped for Gas to start my trip, and quickly climbed to 200 while the other side was around 100, by the time I returned home. 200 is getting out of the acceptable range of Kodiak Brakes. Turns out one of my Discs was dragging. A quick service to the caliper pins and a cleaning and all was well. Put my trip behind schedule about 2.5 hours, but a blown bearing half way to Gold River would have been a lot worse. Shout out to the guys at Fountain Tire in Campbell River that got me in right away and on the road again (must be fishermen themselves). Can Tire and Princess Auto have them discounted a few times a year, well worth the money IMHO to carry in your Tow Vehicle and use regularly.

I have a couple of those also. can be really handy. I do as you and keep one in the console to check trailer hub temps every once in awhile...
there cheap on ebay if you don't need anything special....
I also keep a tire pressure guage with easy to read round dial right beside it... helps to keep the tires at there max pressure for good fuel mileage...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Non-Contact...351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item485ce8a73f

Last edited by a moderator:
Back