Tofino - Spring / Summer 2014 reports

I'm sure there will be plenty for you and that cute hat of yours ;)

I'm sure there will be plenty for you and that cute hat of yours ;)

Haha.....I am sure pinky will make an appearance but we are getting "team hats" for Mancation this year; unfortunately my vote for pink was vetoed by the other 4. :(

On my way over tomorrow. First trip of the year hope to find a few.

Fishing is pretty good right now

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,052
Nice work! Keep the reports coming if you can. Staying at Betsy's July 16-20. Heading for Ukee on the July 2nd on the late(cheaper ferry) sailing. Maybe I should launch in Tofino the first day.

I'll be fishing in tofino this weekend for the first time in ages. Will be will someone who knows the area fairly well, however. Any recent reports would be much appreciated.

The ocean isn't the calmest it's ever been these but those that man up usually get rewarded

Portland Pt fishing medium herring in a bullet roll head mid water is the big producer for me these days

Attachments

• 2013-07-17 02.01.53.jpg
    2013-07-17 02.01.53.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 448
  • 2013-07-17 02.04.32.jpg
    2013-07-17 02.04.32.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 460
Nice work buddy :cool:. Keep the reports coming :).

I'm going to tow the gal up there once this summer to fish the "peanut".....

It's definitely going off right now. Chinooks are present everywhere offshore and on the chew from the 30 fathom line right in to the surf line. Most of the guides i know are getting them anywhere from 50 to 100 ft down. Good times!!

Calmer today for our morning session. The fish waited until the tide change and wanted anchovies today. Over 20 Chinook bites in 2 hours. Our 2nd tyee of the week :)

Attachments

• 2013-07-19 00.10.37.jpg
    2013-07-19 00.10.37.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 832
  • 2013-07-19 00.11.56.jpg
    2013-07-19 00.11.56.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 832
Nice work Shawn....we were out this morning again...just my gal and I; no Mancation! ;)

Missed a couple dandy hits early off Gowland but had fairly consistent action following that ~130 contour due North of you guys. The Turd was working for us at 120 but had a few upper teeners hitting a flasher-less herring at 50ish.

We had to be in for 1 PM as we had guests showing up and it killed me with the sun and the seas laying down. Sounds like a few were being hit when we were booking it back home.

I knew that when I left town and the end of the big tides began that it would get really good. Have fun out there!

Just home. The wife and I scratched away on the inside for cohoes, with Clifford and Monk being okay. One needs to know which spots to fish on which tides in there and I am still learning. Got a big smiley out at Wilf all by ourselves to make the trip. Guided lodge guests on big boats did quite well at Portland. Not many cohoes there surprisingly.

Lots of Chinooks around Portland Pt and Raphael pt. Anchovies and blue or uv hootchies 70 to 120 ft working well

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 387
Quality fish right there :cool:.

Nicely done :).

I'm hoping my timing is right and we see some serious fish this weekend off of Ukee.

Thanks for the reports buddy. I'm up all of the long weekend and Jake and I want to come and pay you a visit sometime. Jake is bringing his bike and wants to rip up the local skate park. I'll call you ahead of time and hopefully we can have a bs.

Cheers,
John

Quality fish right there :cool:.

Nicely done :).

I'm hoping my timing is right and we see some serious fish this weekend off of Ukee.

Thanks for the reports buddy. I'm up all of the long weekend and Jake and I want to come and pay you a visit sometime. Jake is bringing his bike and wants to rip up the local skate park. I'll call you ahead of time and hopefully we can have a bs.

Cheers,
John

Good luck this weekend John. It's the annual Legion derby so i'll have my game face on. My man and i want our title back that eluded us last year. New secret weapon gonna be unleashed :)

Back