Toasters!!

Cuba Libre

Well- it isnt seafood as per the thread, but can ANYONE recommend a high output kitchen toaster??? I am POed that I cant fine a 4 slice toaster that does more than dry out the bread before it even gets slightly brown. And takes 5 min to achieve this! In the past 3 yrs I have tried 4 makes and none of them is worth the packaging they come in....

I realize that this is not a earth shattering problem to most-- but dried out toast in the morning just doesnt cut it....help ???? Anyone???

I had the same problem for years ubtill I bought a stainless cuisinart 4 slice with bagel defrost and reheat modes.
got it a costco I think it was around 60 bucks it works awesome set it at 5 and perfect toast and fast thats the trick faster is better, slower tends to make it dry

Thanks-- I will see if I can find one of Cuisinart models........ Small issue but frustrating never the less.

Thanks-- I will see if I can find one of Cuisinart models........ Small issue but frustrating never the less.

Don't do it....I have owned 2. Infact I am useing one in my house right now and hate it. I wouldn't even of had this one if the warrenty didn't give me this new one. They suck. Keep looking.... Tell me when you find a good one.

Both of ours either burnt the toast or we had to put it thru 2 times on a lower temp.

Go to the sally ann or a flea market and by a used 20 year old toaster. Thats my thought.

Oh sure !!!! Just when I thought I had it figured!!!

I'm telling ya mine works perfect andI'm pretty picky about it too, I leave it set on 5 and it makes it the same everytime, but everyone likes something a little different and not everyone will get the same results I suppose

Thats great gidyup---- maybe Owen just doesnt know that you cant stuff a whole load of bread into the toaster at once LOL!!!!

If you decide to try one they have them at Costco. I got both of mine thru London Drugs. Ask GLG how he likes his. He bought the 2 slice model at the same time I bought my 4 slicer. Wonder if his is any better.

I want a commercial toater.

Two thumbs up from my house.
I could not vote as I haven't cooked toast since I got married.:eek:;)
Wife says she likes the fact you have space to cook thicker stuff.

Now if I could find a coffee maker that last more than a year or three.
I have gone through 2 of the Cuisinart models.

GLG

Bryan, GLG seems to like the unit. but he has the 2 slice model. Or maybe I am just F..Ked in the head. Toasters are not even close to what they once were. Neither are shower heads. But I was able to solve the shower head thing out. I now have the best shower in the valley. Well it will be till we get water meters...LOL... Being cheap in the shower is like being cheap with the toilet paper. Single ply does not cut it.

Amen to that Kristo, a pic of two classics here, both I use and polish regularly. Toaster is a Sunbeam two-wide slice, kinda a trophy for me! Bought it when I moved out and divorced over 10 yrs ago. It's still treating me very well, more than I can say for the x.

Sunbeam007.jpg

Can't believe we're posting about toasters, can't wait to get up this 3 a.m. and head north for some fishing :p

Find a old chrome Sunbeam...they are a classic

Agree 100% I have one almost the same as that My father-in-law collects them I love the way they auto load
and yes they do make great toast, I bought the cuisinart 4 slice for those hectate school mornings and the wife shelved the sunbeam (for now)

Agree 100% I have one almost the same as that My father-in-law collects them I love the way they auto load
and yes they do make great toast, I bought the cuisinart 4 slice for those hectate school mornings and the wife shelved the sunbeam (for now)

So the Cuisinart is not the top toaster.....I knew it...Works on school mornings but even then,,It Stinks.

So the Cuisinart is not the top toaster.....I knew it...Works on school mornings but even then,,It Stinks.

lol FA, it is the top in our household and I stand behind what I said about it, I have a passion for old things, my sunbeam dates back to the 50's it works awesome as well and is way cooler looking you can't take that away from it,
but that being said Cubra asked for an opinion on a toaster, now he's not just going to run down to the store and pick up a vintage sunbeam is he?
so for a current and readily available product line I think the cuisinart is one of the best IMO and thats all I was saying!
now lets get back to fishing
Tim

Back