Tis a sad day

finaddict

My old hewie that I bought as a relic and rebuilt from the hull up is now gone. Sold her to a friend who will take good care of her and give her agood home. I many great memories and hopefully a few more with her and she was a terrific ride. Now itsd time for someone else to enjoy her. Down to 6 boats now,:(

1119.jpg

1117.jpg

She gave me 15 great years and although I still have my 23' striper and a 15' duroboat to fill the gaps, every time I am on a river, there will always be a thought that I should be on Finaddict.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a nice functional ride. Rebuilding her from the hull up is cool too. 6 boats is awesome. I think of boats like guns you can never have too many of them lol. I feel your pain. At least you held on to her for a while. Hope the new owner takes as good care of her as you did :).

Sweet ride! When I sold my old tin boat I felt like I needed a moment alone with her to say good bye. It will be the same for the Mighty Sylvan when that time comes.

Sweet ride! When I sold my old tin boat I felt like I needed a moment alone with her to say good bye. It will be the same for the Mighty Sylvan when that time comes.

X2. You get really attached to these boats. When my gal broke down I can't describe the depression that set in. I feel for the folks that just flip boats and do not get to know them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll miss her for sure, but with the way the fishing (other than Sturgeon) is going on the Fraser, and with my sights more focused to WCVI, I just was not giving her enough attention. She'll be better used by my buddy who has been wanting a jetboat for sometime now. His focus will be more hunting than fishing, but I suspect there will be a couple of Skeena trips in the plans.

You get 75 good years and a few sh*tty ones after that. Better make the most of it.

I'll miss her for sure, but with the way the fishing (other than Sturgeon) is going on the Fraser, and with my sights more focused to WCVI, I just was not giving her enough attention. She'll be better used by my buddy who has been wanting a jetboat for sometime now. His focus will be more hunting than fishing, but I suspect there will be a couple of Skeena trips in the plans.

You get 75 good years and a few sh*tty ones after that. Better make the most of it.
I hear you bro. I too am going back to my roots. My dad started me fishing on the chuck, and we had many,many good yrs fishing Sooke every summer and crabbing/fishing Tsawwassen summer/fall.Then the Fraser river fishery started and we abandoned the chuck. We sold our ocean boat,cause we just never used it anymore. I could kick myself now.The Fraser river fishery is going to hell. Going to be buying another ocean boat in the coming months and get back to the chuck.I will post up my new craft when I get her.

I hear you bro. I too am going back to my roots. My dad started me fishing on the chuck, and we had many,many good yrs fishing Sooke every summer and crabbing/fishing Tsawwassen summer/fall.Then the Fraser river fishery started and we abandoned the chuck. We sold our ocean boat,cause we just never used it anymore. I could kick myself now.The Fraser river fishery is going to hell. Going to be buying another ocean boat in the coming months and get back to the chuck.I will post up my new craft when I get her.
Looking forward to the pics Dennis. It really saddens me ab out the Fraser and its tribs. I used to make the annual pilgrimage to the Thompson every year to chase those amazing summer runs. It was 2 weeks every year for about 18 years. every year it got worse and worse, until I just couldn't justify it anymore and that river's future is already sealed. The Fraser is headed in the same direction. Just too many people and too much at stake. Water for people and agriculture comes first even when it shouldn't, and there are too many people chasing too few fish with too much value and too many rights. I cannot see the Fraser being able to sustain itself for much longer.

Back