Tired of Canadian Retailers : (

Islandgirl

Our $ is at par.

I know some manufacturers say they will not honour the warranty if bought stateside, but have a look at this.

All Canadian dealers were the same price as Sears Canada.
If it is made in the USA there is No duty either, only pay hst at the border and all US dealers offer free shipping to a address near the border.

I should also say that if it is made in Europe it is only 8% duty at the boarder.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02226153000P?prdNo=25&blockNo=25&blockType=G25

http://www.sears.ca/product/electro...13730-E30EW8CGPS?campaign=rr_item_ClickCP_0_2

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to saving money.. I not rich so when I could save $2000 I would be making the drive across the border...

This gets EVEN better!

You know where this oven is made....CANADA!

wtf

No duty...only hst on 3700 vs 4800

The hst saving alone pays for the trip!

Got a family cabin in Washington. Pretty much everything I can buy state side I do. We basically only buy groceries here now.

Sent from my HTC

i love shopping down south
I've got a mail box in blaine and just pay the Hst and save thouands....
A wise man, Hence the handle "Richmake" ;-) I am on the same program. Almost everythihng that bolts on my boat is delivered to Blaine.

The mail box in Blaine is priceless!

Maybe if our federal government didn't have It's head buried up it's arse it would realize if we adjusted our prices we'd keep a lot more of our dollars in Canada. Isn't something like 80% of Canada's population within an hour or two of the border? Not hard to cross....

Sent from my HTC

I buy most of my fuel for my vehicles in Point Roberts. Last Sunday in Point Roberts 1 liter of gas 94.9US or 95.9Can in the Delta 1.27.

off to blaine tomorrow

island hood extract fan USA $1100 bucks CAN $1600
go figure same company shipped to blaine $120 and $15 for handling at the warehouse?

then even if we pay the HST duty its still cheaper

will let you know how we got on

https://www.kinek.com/ is the company i used to have my stuff shipped to free sign up via email

When it is time to buy a new truck I will buy for the USA. A friend just imported a dirt bike with huge savings.

This company ships for free to the border too if you need applicances. I will be buying form there I think.

http://www.us-appliance.com/

Used to do a lot of shopping in nanaimo for clothes, kids clothes all the normal crap. I find it far more economical to head to Portland. No tax, and fat tire amber ale in Costco. It all makes sense.

In November my brother and I were looking at luxury mid-size SUV's in Palm Springs..wanted something big enough to tow a 19 foot boat off-road but economical on gas...went in to Lexus of the Desert dealer...their price on a Lexus G460 with the options my bro wanted would be around $69,000US (plus tax) but as of this year were not allowed by Lexus Co (Toyota)to sell to Canadians unless they had an American residency address.

For fun we looked up the price of the same vehicle in Canada....$92,000 (plus tax).

Methinks it time to start boycotting some of these companies.

Costco's beer selection is enough to head south! 24 of kokanee, $17. here $45. 24 of guiness $27. here $63

Pretty appalling how much we pay up here for EVERYTHING. If someone can name a product cheaper to buy in Canada, than the US, I'd be surprised...

don't even want to get into the offshore (asia) market...when you go to a customs broker and see all the products you buy, shipped from china, and marked up 150% by the time it leaves the custom broker, makes me want to puke.

We pay a very high costs to live in this beautiful country. Love the land. Hate the economy.

Oregon is the best place to buy things. No tax and the dollar at or above par makes it nice. Will be there in a few weeks for a shopping trip with my 15yr old daughter. Just keep in mind that the wages down south are much less than here in Canada so prices have to be lower. I am not saying that out government is not ripping us off.

FYI and I will update as I find out more info..

Appliance companys that WILL honor your warranty in Canada if you bought in the USA are:

Electrolux ( the ovens I am looking at are made in Canada and 1100$ LESS if I buy in the USA)
Dacor
Futuro Futuro.. Amazing kitchen ventilation for 1/2 the price of comparable sold in Canada

The ones that will NOT honor it are:

Bosche
Gaggenau

Very important to find out where the appliance is made because if it is not the USA then there may be duty ( ie Germany an extra 8% at the border)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back