Time to make a political stand

Trophy21

Crew Member
Like the title says, it’s time for us to get political! The liberal BS is behind this closure crap and we all know it! Justin has his hands all over this for his political gain. Take back our fishery get involved, donate! We need to vote in and get the conservatives to get this liberal mess set straight! Enough talk, DFO Is a political puppet,talking got us **** all! I ask all rec fishers and small business owners to pull together and stop this treudope madness! Comox valley, my riding, dump the useless Gordon Jons who has no ******* clue! Get behind Byron Horner and take back our way of LIFE!
http://www.byronhorner.ca/

Last edited:
Because the conservatives do so much to protect fish. I mean really who needs habitat.

We are where we are now because we as a collective fail to recognize our impacts on the environment and these fish. If we continue to vote for governments that ignore the importance of environmental responsibility, our fisheries will continue to decline. You may eke out a couple more years, but the drivers of population decline wont stop if you ignore them.

JT is brutal. But the conservatives will do nothing to strengthen our fisheries. If you believe otherwise you are a fool.

A government change won't take the top brass out of DFO, we need to clean up the root of the problem and fire the top DFO staff. A change in government will do little to solve the problem long term.

More like weaknesses.

Well I’m just curious, lots of important issues in our fisheries coming our over the next few
Years.

I want to know how he thinks the liberals are going to handle things like MPAs and the allocation policy rewrite.

It’s not just about habitat

Conservatives were just as bad or worse for any of our fish or fisheries. We need new and different solutions. Not sure who is ready to take this on yet.

Well I’m just curious, lots of important issues in our fisheries coming our over the next few
Years.

I want to know how he thinks the liberals are going to handle things like MPAs and the allocation policy rewrite.

It’s not just about habitat

Look at Nanaimo the place always votes NDP. The conservative won't get it, and then this area will whine for years it doesn't get representation. Watch the Greens get it. People still don't get it. As for liberals they have not still fulfilled there campaign promises on fishery act. The amended one is not the one we had before, and even close. Harper slashed it. JT said I am going roll back protections. That didn't happen. So I ask how are we better off here? Erosion of fishing and hunting slowly, and failed habitat protection act. I say that is enough for me not to want this current government!

Like the title says, it’s time for us to get political! The liberal BS is behind this closure crap and we all know it! Justin has his hands all over this for his political gain. Take back our fishery get involved, donate! We need to vote in and get the conservatives to get this liberal mess set straight! Enough talk, DFO Is a political puppet,talking got us **** all! I ask all rec fishers and small business owners to pull together and stop this treudope madness! Comox valley, my riding, dump the useless Gordon Jons who has no ******* clue! Get behind Byron Horner and take back our way of LIFE!
http://www.byronhorner.ca/
We had lunch the other day with Byron. I realize it’s kissing babies and giving out lollipop time but he was reasonable. I will say that if we want change then the user groups(commercial and sports) best figure out a way to get along or the enviros and FN will have it all. Byron mentioned the finger pointing between the groups. I liked what Byron had to say and he will have our families vote. The liberals will sell us down the road through reconciliation and UNDRIP. In my opinion the NDP and Green don’t have enough ofthe countries support at least not enough to make a difference to get rid of JT.

Because the conservatives do so much to protect fish. I mean really who needs habitat.

We are where we are now because we as a collective fail to recognize our impacts on the environment and these fish. If we continue to vote for governments that ignore the importance of environmental responsibility, our fisheries will continue to decline. You may eke out a couple more years, but the drivers of population decline wont stop if you ignore them.

JT is brutal. But the conservatives will do nothing to strengthen our fisheries. If you believe otherwise you are a fool.

What has JT done for habitat restoration or predation? At least Conservatives will take out some seals, and allow us to fish. We haven't taken a step forward AT ALL with hatcheries or habitat with JT/Liberals, actually probably the opposite, same as under Conservatives. Like I said, at least they would take out seals and let us fish, the rest is a wash.

What has JT done for habitat restoration or predation? At least Conservatives will take out some seals, and allow us to fish. We haven't taken a step forward AT ALL with hatcheries or habitat with JT/Liberals, actually probably the opposite, same as under Conservatives. Like I said, at least they would take out seals and let us fish, the rest is a wash.
Any data on how many seals the Conservatives took out for their time in office when they watered down the protection laws for the environment?

Any data on how many seals the Conservatives took out for their time in office when they watered down the protection laws for the environment?

Been stated by all Vancouver Island Conservative candidates I've seen so far they support a harvest and numbers need to be brought down. It wasn't really on the agenda like it is now 10 years ago either...

We have a by-election in Nanaimo tomorrow....for those of you who are living in that riding and can vote - good idea to get out and make your vote count...every vote matters. The Greens are getting their vote out, and we know where they stand on fisheries issues. If you want change, here's an opportunity to be part of it.

This isnt a cafeteria situation, you cant kill seals to save salmon while ramming pipelines through.

JT is no better than Harper. But Scheer isnt either. I'd prefer not to keep flip flopping between bad and worse

This isnt a cafeteria situation, you cant kill seals to save salmon while ramming pipelines through.

JT is no better than Harper. But Scheer isnt either. I'd prefer not to keep flip flopping between bad and worse
Yea it gets tiring to keep getting rid of the last liars and would be nice for a change to actually vote for someone. I wish Jack Layton were still alive so the Libs could not have stolen the election from third place when the bought and paid media switched from the Cons back to the Libs when they realized the NDP would win. Stuck Mulclair with the Hijab issue even though Trudeau was of the same opinion and basically gave him the Election. If Trudeau would have at least kept his word on the Last Election to be First Past the Post but even there he did not follow through. Funny how if the NDP would have rung up dept like the Liberals are doing with no end in sight the media would have been relentless but if its the Liberals its Sunny Ways My Friends, Sunny Ways. Even I will not vote the NDP this time as they are determined to turn on thierselves right now as evidenced by how the are treating the MP in the prairies https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/regina-mp-erin-weir-illegal-expulsion-ndp-caucus-1.5093128 . Its pretty disappointing.

Apparently any thread even touching on politics I start gets deleted on here (eyeroll).

By election last night very tough for ndp and liberals. In a way good for conservatives. Let’s just hope greens don’t win many seats but suck votes from ndp and liberals.

Back