Time for a new trailer

dawn2dusk

Any tips on where to buy, what brand, or advice on what to get would be great (ie. drum or disc, aluminum vs. galvanized trailers, roadrunner vs. ez loader).

I currently have a 3200 lb galvanized EZ loader with bunks and drum brakes that never work.

Disc brakes would be a good start.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Boat type, size, weight, power etc...would help but in the interim, I've got an 18ft Malibu 182 (similar to Double Eagle 185) sitting on a EZLoader single axle with drums (which don't work well) and I would wish for the following:

1) galvanized
2) tandem axle
3) disc brakes
4) LED lighting
5) front rollers, rear bunks

In terms of where to buy, I'd find out what exaclty you want and call around. Best price wins!

My shoreland'r with rollers is the cat's pyjamas.I can literally load the boat and be off the ramp in two minutes.
The rollers are harder on your hull though, and do require regular maintenance.
The surge brakes have been outstanding-no troubles in five years(Knock on wood)
LED lights are a must now.

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I have a 19ft seaswirl with motors and gear it is probably pushing 3300lbs.

I am thinking stainless discs for sure.

One buddy was telling me to look into the aluminum trailers over galvanized. Anyone with experience with aluminum trailers? I was looking on the net and there are some pretty sweet ones down in the US.

I have a Load Rite from the US. Stainless disc brakes and large I beam ulum trailer construction. This thing looks like it was engineered to carry the F@*%$ space shuttle - 12,000 pound carrying capacity. They make amazing trailers, so take a look. Agree with you to leave the drum brakes alone...nothing but trouble. I strongly dislike them.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Shorland'r for me too, great trailer. Best rollers, dropped axles and discs. I had to go to Alberta to get the one I have now as there are no BC dealers anymore.

Back