Tim Hortons

Tim's used to known for coffee and fresh, baked in store donuts. Double,double has become a Canadian phrase ! Now you go there and they have french vanilla lattes and egg white spinach bites? They have lost their way, Timmies needs to get back to it's roots, and forget about trying to be everything to everybody.

Its funny how a Tim's stop used be almost like a reflex. Get in car, hit Tims on the way to wherever. Sometimes just for a coffee, but most of time for a bite to eat as well.

Sometime about 3-4 years ago I said to myself, "WTF"? The food has gotten progressively worse, I can't put my finger on it exactly, but something was going on. The coffee seemed to change flavour as well. Maybe this is in my mind. But then on top of that, the service levels dropped off a cliff, at least from my experience.

I can't remember the last time I visited a Tims.

If I want fast, passably decent food in the morning, I swing through McDonald's for an english muffin and a coffee. At least the bacon looks, feels and tastes like bacon. McD's actually toast their english muffin (not some soft, doughy, grainy, barely warmed english muffin version at Tims).

Most importantly, McDs actually uses a cracked egg, not some kind of processed egg-puck thing.

Its funny how a Tim's stop used be almost like a reflex. Get in car, hit Tims on the way to wherever. Sometimes just for a coffee, but most of time for a bite to eat as well.

Sometime about 3-4 years ago I said to myself, "WTF"? The food has gotten progressively worse, I can't put my finger on it exactly, but something was going on. The coffee seemed to change flavour as well. Maybe this is in my mind. But then on top of that, the service levels dropped off a cliff, at least from my experience.

I can't remember the last time I visited a Tims.

If I want fast, passably decent food in the morning, I swing through McDonald's for an english muffin and a coffee. At least the bacon looks, feels and tastes like bacon. McD's actually toast their english muffin (not some soft, doughy, grainy, barely warmed english muffin version at Tims).

Most importantly, McDs actually uses a cracked egg, not some kind of processed egg-puck thing.
You just took the words out of my mouth. Cracked egg and slightly crisped English muffin. Everything at Tims is the same texture, barf. I used to order an everything bagel TRIPLE TOASTED with tomato and cheddar cheese. It was the only thing that resembeled food to me.

Apparently their old style lids are worth money now that Bieber had made a comment about how horrible the new style lids are. I like the old style lid. Still have one sitting in my desk drawer haha. But it blows my mind that it seems that Timmies or McDonalds can't make a coffee cup lid that doesn't leak.

Starbucks, dark roast, black/no room and a bacon gouda breakfast sandwich is my go-to gut bomb on the way to fishing. That, and a banana from home and/or a handful of dried figs.

Agree with everything said - especially the service comment. I have been in a couple times in the last 2 weeks and i stood in line for 20 minutes to get a box of doughnuts for the guys. They are seriously cutting costs and it shows.

Most gas stations have better food and coffee than Tim's!

Back