Tiller to remote conversion

C

constantsguy

So I just up graded my motor from a 1987 70hp johnson to a 130 yamaha V4, since the new motor is a lot wider then the one before I had to relocate my 87 johnson 8hp kicker onto a bracket which does'nt leave a lot of room for my tiller handle to manouver. So here's my question can I take my johnson remote and convert my 8hp from the tiller handle and replace it with the controls from my 70hp, can I use other controls from a smaller motor. I'm not worried about electric start or having the choke at the controls. i just want to be able to go forward and backwards and throddle up and down.
hope to hear what you think.

Theres always a way.. Where are you?

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

I'm in Victoria. Have you done anything like this before. After more thought, I'm thinking I really on need throttle.

While I have total faith in the mechanical knowledge of the folks here (they have advised me often enough) sometimes you have to go to IBoats and post your question there.
Try this link where I did a search on converting a tiller. You may have to be more specific if posting a question (ie, year and model number).
Good hunting.
http://forums.iboats.com/search.php?searchid=3902608

hey guy,
im sure there is a way to connect just the throttle,
are you going to use the ez steer system?

Back