Tidal license for my kid

ChilliSpoons

My son is 15 and soon to be 16. If I register him for a Tidal license now do I have to pay and get him another license after his 16th birthday?

I would think the age cutoff would only apply at the time of purchasing the licence. Once hes been issued his licence I cant see how they could justify revoking it.

If youre really worried about it you could call DFO and get a more concrete answer.

... If that's the expiry then clearly you don't need to get another when he's 16...until April 1st, 2018.

I wouldn't be so sure, this is DFO we're talking about! I doubt many would say that anything is 'clear' with regulations most of the time ;)

I'd agree that his licence should be valid for the year until expiry on March 31, 2018. However, it's not uncommon for legalese to have one section supra cede another, in otherwords once he turns 16 they may require a new licence. I doubt that would be the case here though but one never knows. :eek:

My kid is turning 16 next Jan. I bought her annual license the other day, the license system knows your birth date. If you needed another license when they turn 16 they'd issue you a message on the system when you buy it stating that fact I'd imagine. At least that's what I'm going with. :D

I bought the license today and my son turns 16 tomorrow. The expiry date is for next year so I'm confident that we're playing by the rules, sort of.

I don't think DFO is reimbursing seniors when they turn 65.

Pretty sure my 6 year old is still 3 in some places and 5 in others. what ever gets him in for free. Im sure DFO boys arent going to give a rats about this issue.

Pretty sure my 6 year old is still 3 in some places and 5 in others. what ever gets him in for free. Im sure DFO boys arent going to give a rats about this issue.
That might not be true. I've been out with my kids before and had our licenses and gear checked by fisheries officers. Best thing is to teach your kids to respect the fisheries rules and stay above board.

Back