Thunderjet

I have a luxor offshore same as the Chinook. They are a 18 degree deadrise and it handles the waves really well. The new boats are much deeper then the older models and my boat has 38" sides.

I have a 21 luxor / chinook offshore in the older hull design. It pounds a bit at times but I'm in the process of adding trim tabs and air ride seats which should help. It's no heavy offshore rig but I'm willing to sacrifice the ride a bit for the ability to beach it and the lower cost of operation. For a 21 It has a ton of fishing room .

Ya I'm buying elec trim tabs in the next couple weeks and a auto pilot. Will will install myself looks pretty easy.

What kind of electric trim tabs are you installing ? I need to put a set on my Tyee and was thinking of going with electric. Jann

I'm getting lenco 9by12 standard mount. This is what the factory puts on the boats up to 23 feet long I may go with the 12 by 12 I don't think I will gain much anyways. The tabs will really help when hauling uneven loads

On my thunderjet there is a lip on the bottom of the transom that sticks out about an inch. I have seen dealers mount the tabs to that rather than mounting it flush to the transom. It would eliminate having to drill into the boat. Just curious if that's your plan too?

I'm getting lenco 9by12 standard mount. This is what the factory puts on the boats up to 23 feet long I may go with the 12 by 12 I don't think I will gain much anyways. The tabs will really help when hauling uneven loads

Thank You. Those are the ones I was looking at as well. I was thinking of going with the 9x12 as well, the only time I need them is when its just me and the wife in the boat other than that it runs fairly level. I was also thinking of mounting in the flang at the bottom so as not to drill into the transom below the waterline.

On my thunderjet there is a lip on the bottom of the transom that sticks out about an inch. I have seen dealers mount the tabs to that rather than mounting it flush to the transom. It would eliminate having to drill into the boat. Just curious if that's your plan too?

This is extremely sound advice. Great post.

That's how I mounted my Lencos on my boat. My Weldcraft has the same lip.
Thunderjet builds a few very nice off shore models. Too rich for my blood.
You will find most of the larger aluminum builders who build the typical aluminum jet boat also build some nice off shore models.. Now,if I could win the lottery..... Dream on!!

Yes I will be mounting to the lip that hangs out on the bottom of the boat. You will need to trim the mounting plate of the tabs To fit on the lip this is what the Thunderjet factor does. I will also bed the stainless trim tab mounts in silicone that way the stainless will not be touching the alumimum hull. I will bolt the top of the ram directly to the transom and this is above the resting or static waterline of the boat. The electric wires will be run inside the Rams so should be a clean Job.

Cool video fire ex!! I will be making a arch this winter for my boat I just finished making a lower top for it I will post some pics when I bring it home. Inside my soft top was 7' tall I thought that would a little crazy. I see you have bars to support your canavas from the windshield upwards

My canvas is bagged out in the front from hauling the boat around. Those bars might be what I need to do also.

Here is one as I am not at home. There is one on either side of walk thru and two in centre.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 239
Back