Thousands of 10-pound Atlantic salmon, catch as many as you want!

AA is not repeating over and over, he is providing data, peer reviewed research, and information to back up his points which is much more than just the opinions and personal, biased experience of fish farm employees and supporters. Don't understand where the repeat comments come from? I and many others welcome, enjoy and benefit from all the good research that AA brings forward on this forum. Keep up the good work AA!

Last edited:
I have a question for the Fish Farm supporters.
If Farmed Atlantic Salmon are not a threat to our wild stocks, why is EVERYONE so concerned about these salmon escaping to mingle with our wild stocks?

I have a question for the Fish Farm supporters.
If Farmed Atlantic Salmon are not a threat to our wild stocks, why is EVERYONE so concerned about these salmon escaping to mingle with our wild stocks?
because the media and the anti farm supporters told them there a threat, you do have to remember fish have been escaping for 40 years and there's been no problem. the storms of 1991 saw an unprecedented amount of fish released to the ocean, AQ1 destroyed full release AQ2 4 100x100 released....etc they had 12 farms. coast guard was even called in for evacuation, the hover craft couldn't even get across. the point is they escape every year........any problems from 40 years of accidents?

because the media and the anti farm supporters told them there a threat, you do have to remember fish have been escaping for 40 years and there's been no problem. the storms of 1991 saw an unprecedented amount of fish released to the ocean, AQ1 destroyed full release AQ2 4 100x100 released....etc they had 12 farms. coast guard was even called in for evacuation, the hover craft couldn't even get across. the point is they escape every year........any problems from 40 years of accidents?

Nope. No problems at all. Gotta wonder when wild salmon stocks started to decline though. Before there were fish farms? Or only after fish farming started in BC? Just askin, any body know?

Nope. No problems at all. Gotta wonder when wild salmon stocks started to decline though. Before there were fish farms? Or only after fish farming started in BC? Just askin, any body know?
salmon stocks declined in the 80's and yup farms where around, but so where seine nets and strait of georgia commercial trolling and so was gill netting. your point?

salmongraph582__page_thumb.jpg

cache_663623804.png

Round and around we go. tee tee. Ill play along a little.

alaskareleasecomparison1.jpg

However what goes against both theories is the 100 year record return of 2010. Ever wonder why agents/activists tables only go up to 2009. Because 2010 devastates the salmon farm theory AND the salmon ranch theory as well to be honest. Unfortunately its not that simple.

Ummmmm,
"Fraser sockeye have been dying since salmon farms where put on there ocean migration route since 1990"

Farm came out in 1990? Thought it was 1972? So if they didn't start seeing a drop in inventory till 1990's then where is the connection to farms? They where basically around for 20 years.

I don't think it needs to be an either/or argument, BN - I believe it is a "both" - as I pointed-out in post#85: http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...-as-many-as-you-want.67264/page-5#post-844901

Thats interesting since you seem to strictly discuss salmon farming and not salmon ranching.

Since you're so nifty at bringing up past discussions I think it would be interesting if you could highlight any posts or articles you have put up against salmon ranching. I'm curious.

Back