Thompson River Poacher

The most disappointing thing about these gents is their lack of respect for these steelhead. Knowingly taking fish from a seariously depressed stock and then posting on their social media while blacking their face out. To me this shows a searious lack of integrity and leadership from these folks. If you need these fish to feed your family then so be it. But don't post on social media discracful pic of bonking steelhead but not man enough to show your face. I hope your Chief has a few words for you gents and I hope every last bit of those steelhead were eaten.

In my limited experience and understanding it seems to me that under the current laws while it is legally and technically true that conservation trumps FN harvesting rights, this position is not always well enforced by our law enforcement, courts and politicians. Seems to be more of an issue of a lack of consistent enforcement issue rather than an inadequacy of the current laws.

Good call by the TNG. Sto-Lo now needs to show some leadership as buy in by FN is about all that can save these fish, imo.

Back