This is what you are fighting against. This is effecting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also assume that for every dollar spent on anti oil activism the mega oil giants are spending $10 for the gas & oil industry? I know us little ole fishermen are just a fart in the wind when it comes to these juggernauts making decisions for us. It’s why we are struggling with salmon stocks. Big money wanted to catch more and more each year so they tossed big dollars at politicians and presto they caught more and more. Why are we building pipelines and scarring our planet with oil and gas development? As much as u want to believe it’s for jobs and all mankind it isn’t. It’s for profits of giant oil and gas companies. They don’t give a crap sbout the individual. Both sides of our salmon wars have their soldiers and their propaganda machines hard at work. I guess we have to do our best and fight for our little pieces when we can where we can. That’s why we a BC Sportfishing Assc. With 50,000 members. That’s an army that would need to be dealt with if you planned on winning any election. At only $10 - $20 a year for an annual membership fee you would have a war chest to send out press releases, updates, lobbying efforts, and Campaign Contributions, significant campaign contributions. You become a political entity that has the power to shape elections and swing outcomes. It’s long overdue out here. It’s never been more important than right now

I would also assume that for every dollar spent on anti oil activism the mega oil giants are spending $10 for the gas & oil industry? I know us little ole fishermen are just a fart in the wind when it comes to these juggernauts making decisions for us. It’s why we are struggling with salmon stocks. Big money wanted to catch more and more each year so they tossed big dollars at politicians and presto they caught more and more. Why are we building pipelines and scarring our planet with oil and gas development? As much as u want to believe it’s for jobs and all mankind it isn’t. It’s for profits of giant oil and gas companies. They don’t give a crap sbout the individual. Both sides of our salmon wars have their soldiers and their propaganda machines hard at work. I guess we have to do our best and fight for our little pieces when we can where we can. That’s why we a BC Sportfishing Assc. With 50,000 members. That’s an army that would need to be dealt with if you planned on winning any election. At only $10 - $20 a year for an annual membership fee you would have a war chest to send out press releases, updates, lobbying efforts, and Campaign Contributions, significant campaign contributions. You become a political entity that has the power to shape elections and swing outcomes. It’s long overdue out here. It’s never been more important than right now

Its easy to instinctively dislike large corporations however I think its not cut and dry that the industry does not contribute to the Canadian economy and the betterment of Canadians as a whole. Quebec doesn't seem to mind it annual 11 billion dollar equalization payments(from alberta) propping up its provinces schools, hospitals and other portions of its social economical infrastructure. Ironically Quebec is the most anti oil province in Canada while receiving the most benefits, go figure.

I hope Alberta bounces back. I have many friends right now highly skilled out of work, and losing everything. We are not getting rid of oil yet. Every time you buy your made in china goods and shopping at Costco your using oil. Hey I am guilty as well. As I said before if everyone supported local Canadian manufacturers and paid goods for what they were worth than there would be no need for made in china products. And guess what that means not as much freighters burning oil= less pollution

The government though has to enforce that.

I see no activists mentioning anything about the increase tanker traffic because because of our desire for cheap imported products. That is more of concern than oil sands in my opinion.

I might add that its interesting to watch this forum go through this where on years ago I brought up Vivian and her work on USA anti salmon farming funding to canadian NGO's and was vigorously argued against. Currently we have the exact same USA NGO funding that will now substantially effect sport fishing under some questionable science.
As I have stated here before one can not support action against one industry and not think their area of interest(public fishing opportunities) will be immune to similar style of activism via funding and science. "MAYBE" is endlessly empowering to activists.

Maybe the Public Tidal Sport fishing sector is effecting the SRKWs so lets shut it down.
Maybe BC open pen salmon farming is effecting wild/hatchery returns so lets shut it down.

Maybe the Public Tidal Sport fishing sector is effecting the SRKWs so lets shut it down.
Maybe BC open pen salmon farming is effecting wild/hatchery returns so lets shut it down.

I love how you constantly try to tie in your industry with the rec sector and link them as one to instill fear in the sporty to garner support for your filthy Fish Farming industry. All the fear mongering you do such as 'careful what you wish for'. The Rec sector is NOT tied to Fish Farms. Fish Farms ARE affecting wild fish. That's why we want them out of the water, simple. Shame on you for supporting that industry.

At the beginning of the interview you will hear about the money put into Marine Planning.

Be advised that this is going to effect you this year and certainly into the future.

The effect will be among other things on fishing and access.

This has been done very quietly and at this point effects the northern waters from area 12 up.

This year it will effect the rest of the coast and I expect it will not be nice.

So expect to loose a lot more or if not then be prepared to really fight for your fishing.

Ask the chairs of the SFAC to get you the information on this.

Its easy to instinctively dislike large corporations however I think its not cut and dry that the industry does not contribute to the Canadian economy and the betterment of Canadians as a whole. Quebec doesn't seem to mind it annual 11 billion dollar equalization payments(from alberta) propping up its provinces schools, hospitals and other portions of its social economical infrastructure. Ironically Quebec is the most anti oil province in Canada while receiving the most benefits, go figure.

One of the biggest reason why the anti vaxxer movement made so much ground was its so easy to think big pharma is out to get you.

Great post OBD. People are being played like pawns on this whole ordeal. These NGO's are going to use the SRKW as a tool to stop the pipeline & it will effect everyone. They have the goal of land locking Canadian Oil & Gas so that we are stuck with the American monopoly. This is everything to do with BIG MONEY from the USA. In the last few years the USA has exploded with new hydrocarbon production & is quickly taking top spot in the world. They have built many LNG plants & are now shipping it worldwide. People who think Alberta oil is the dirtiest oil are very much mistaken. Looking at stock footage from 30-40 yrs ago & judging off that is foolish. This site is now full of Enviro people who dont even fish or even ever made a single comment regarding fishing. Look at how many new members there are that are on here pushing **** down everyone's throat. Who would join a site called Sportfishing BC & not have any discussions regarding fishing??.. What are their motives?

The first thing an activist loves to pull out is "you are a climate change denier & are a bigott. How can you argue with a climate scientist?".... The very foundation that science is based on is that nothing is for certain & the quest for knowledge must continue. Things we are taught are always being revised as we discover more. The biggest revolution for mankind in my opinion was the scientific revolution that is only ~400 years old. For thousands of years before that we were taught everything we seek for knowledge is in the bible & church. If you had a question, you would ask your priest. He would tell you that it is in the bible & you must read it more. Or he would say if God wanted you to know he would have given the knowledge in the bible. To dare think otherwise would have had you persecuted. Luckily there were a brave few who challenged this such as Issac Newton who decided to challenge what he was told. After people like him, we started to question what we were taught & the foundation for science was born. Governments soon realized the power from science & started to back it financially. It was Neapolitan who truly seen the benefits of science & used it to become one of the most famous conquerors. Now were are being told to not question the theory of man made climate change. Or that a product with a density lighter than seawater will sink? The most famous person for this is @california. He is another member on a sport fishing forum who has never had a comment on fishing. He only comments on environmental threads & will say who dares question these climate scientist...

One last point is, what is a climate scientist? Is it not someone who writes computer program to model what inputs are given? What basic foundation do they have to be qualified as a climate scientist? As an Engineer, am I qualified enough to run models & call myself a climate scientist? If not, what is the foundation of required degrees & what is the standard of where these degrees come from? A meteorologist uses data to model the probability of future weather based on current data and past trends. Are they a weather scientist?

As @walleyes has been saying... Be careful who you invite into your house...

Last edited:
I'm old school and had a little bit of a misspent youth by hanging out in pool halls and bars making pocket money while still in school. I can spot the grifters and hustlers like anyone that spent time getting their education out in the real world. I can also spot the marks like I see that are posting on this thread.

added: It was not Issac Newton that your thinking about there ILHG

I’m surprised your still around thought for sure you’d be down in Venezuela helping out comrade Maduro
I'm too busy working on Jason Kenney's election campaign.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back