Thieving Ba$tards

Reelin In The Years

image0.jpeg Tuesday evening around 5 o'clock my brother thinks, someone stole his truck from in front of his home in South Nanaimo. These are the pics of his 2005 Ford. Please keep your eyes out for it and if spotted alert the police.
image0.jpeg

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 12
That is awful. I know someone in the insurance industry and the Ford F-350 and F250 are well known as being extremely easy to steal. If you know anyone who has one encourage them to get after market theft devices.

Ya crime is ripe in Nanaimo - but it has a VIN and a licence plate - among other identifiers - and can't be hidden in a backpack. What the heck would they do with it?

Ya crime is ripe in Nanaimo - but it has a VIN and a licence plate - among other identifiers - and can't be hidden in a backpack. What the heck would they do with it?
use it for committing other crimes, trucks like these are targeted for tow and go thefts, boats, machinery etc...
**** thieves.

Ya, apparently easiest truck to steal. Get a screwdriver and pop the entrance keypad, then jam screwdriver in the ignition and start truck. Cops said the pros take less than 30 secs. Anyone with the year 99 to 07 should put an immobilizer or at least a battery switch to slow them down.

I feel your pain. I got broken into a few weeks ago. The cop told me our justice system is broken. His words. Repeat offenders just cycle thru the system week after week with zero consequences. They’re homeless and a drug user therefore it’s not their fault. But you try to stop him with a baseball bat and I guarantee you if you have a job and no record you’ll do time.

Ya, apparently easiest truck to steal. Get a screwdriver and pop the entrance keypad, then jam screwdriver in the ignition and start truck. Cops said the pros take less than 30 secs. Anyone with the year 99 to 07 should put an immobilizer or at least a battery switch to slow them down.
great idea, RitY - no power - no power to the locks. Something like this?
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32879717818.html

A switch that disconnects the battery will also disconnect the computer(s), door locks etc. which could result in the vehicle having to re-learn everything. A simpler way would be to install a hidden "kill switch". The kill switch could do one of several things when turned to the disconnected mode. Disconnects the starter solenoid circuit, the fuel pump circuit, the ignition circuit, probably a few others would work as well. You hide the switch in a location, only those authorised to know have knowledge of, but at the same time easy to access. Depending on how often you use it, IE only at home you could even put it under the hood, especially if you would not use it every time you exit the vehicle.

A switch that disconnects the battery will also disconnect the computer(s), door locks etc. which could result in the vehicle having to re-learn everything. A simpler way would be to install a hidden "kill switch". The kill switch could do one of several things when turned to the disconnected mode. Disconnects the starter solenoid circuit, the fuel pump circuit, the ignition circuit, probably a few others would work as well. You hide the switch in a location, only those authorised to know have knowledge of, but at the same time easy to access. Depending on how often you use it, IE only at home you could even put it under the hood, especially if you would not use it every time you exit the vehicle.
That sounds like a better way to go. I am no expert, but need to do something to slow this a$$hats down.

The very definition of "organized" crime. Guess they have a boat/trailer in mind. Wonder how they advertise and sell their stolen equipment?

this - i had an older toyota (pre-immobilizer days) through the beauty of the internet, found the "blue wire next to the glove box" (or thereabouts) was the power to the fuel pump - cut in a small 2 position switch, taped it up under the dash - presto, instant immobilizer. Unless you knew exactly where/what it was, you'd never find it. Only forgot about it 9 or 10 times and wondered why the usually ultra reliable truck wouldn't start :)

Reactions: KCW
I had one of those in my 82 Cutlass. Stereo was worth more than 5x the car itself. Guys tried to steal it in the middle of the day at New Brighton Park and set the entire harness and dash on fire trying to start it :mad:.

Also my dads place in South Van got hit last night. They backed a stolen truck through his garage door and stole all his tools. Vehicle break-ins are a weekly occurence at my house in East Van. There's no real gangs or crime in Vancouver anymore. Just an army of junkies looking to score. I have 4 cameras with footage of the guys every time and the cops don't care. And yay now there's another temporary modular housing thing going in three blocks away. :(

My buddy is a cop, a while ago he arrested a shoplifter and while he was filling out the paperwork he got called to the mall again and had to arrest the same guy. Our society is on the fast track to anarchy. Homeless drug addicts complaining about their squatter tent cities being removed, container housing being put up in residential neighborhoods, just look at all the camps on the chilliwack river! I have had my trailer broken into 3 times and my vehicles more than I can count. I even caught a guy trying to steal my truck a few years back. Rant over....

We haven't had any issues but some of our neighbors have. It might have something to do with our two big German Shepherds, they would eat thieves and Druggies for breakfast if they could....
Agreed. My inlaws live out past Mission and they are asking to get stuff stolen with the amount of cars, boats, etc. that is lying around. But two mean looking Rottweilers seems to be the best security system on the market.

Back