The true recreational fisherman are getting BLINDSIDED

Fish for all,

What happened when people decide to buy quota was the same as when some people bought futures on oil, or went long on gold purchase...they al decided to research an investment and hoped it would pay a dividend or go up in price. In fact buying quota was a great investment..most made 10% or better on their investment over 7 or more years. That paid for the original investment. If in fact you were a an actual hard working fisherman, then you made a profit on top of the original investment, good business practice to be sure. However, if the investment goes down, or the market causes them to consolidate shares, or the share price just goes down..that's the way it is with investments. So you bought quota, knowing it was quasi-legal, or that it may not always be solid...too bad, that is the natural way with the market...you made a good return on the money, and now you may lose on it...that is the way of the commodity market, which this has been turned into!

Traveller

So you bought a"pig in a poke" Why should we back your gullability?

MY 2 cents about Minister Sheas solution. "buying qouta" and My read on this. SOOO I can now buy 1000lb of quota from commie? My boat is rated for more, but I can haul 1000 lbs. $5K for the quota ish. I have co-ordinates to drop the hook on many different chicken factories. Hell, bring a buddy along to supply beer and some gas money. Have your buyers pre lined up! 2 lines ,drink beer, have fun sell fish = good coin for minimal effort, really. Most guides are way more cost efficient than a long liner, WTF? Absolutly brilliant Minister Shea!!! can I buy 2000lbs please?!!

Back