The Reel Deal

Someday

I managed to get my hands on an Amundson Trend TMX5 mooching reel. Wow! Where do I start. The drag is amazing. Carbon fiber washers lets you set the drag to perfection, and no line creep. So smooth to wind in, yet holds the drag where you set it. The other big selling feature for me is it easily converts to a left hand reel. There are many good reels on the market, and I am not into bashing any company, as there is a reel for everybody on the market. With that being said, eventually we all want a good quality reel to give us trouble free fishing, with no worries about storing the reel with the drag backed off because of the cork drag system.
I also like the simpler looking model. Everyone has their tastes, but for me this is what I have been looking for. Not that it matters too much, but I thought it was pretty cool to have the 12th reel off from productions. Looking forward to many a battle with salmon, whether East coast, or West coast. To the guys at Amundson, my hats off to you. IMG_0861.jpg

Tmx5

To the best of my knowledge here is where these reels are being sold.
Island outfitters
Trotac
Buckys sports
Gone fishin
Riversportsman
Tyee marine
Capnhook
Eagle eye outfitters
Pacific Net and Twine

They sell for around 350.

Nice looking reel, might have to give one a go.

I have been using the new MSR05 reel for several weeks now. It's the cheaper modelr Amundson offers and I am also very impressed with the quality and feel. On another note buddy bought the new Rapala reel. Three trips out and one on the springs inside broke 3 times. Was ominous maybe that it came with spare springs. Anyways he sent it back to have it checked out. Rapala sent him back a repair kit for it and another new reel. Nice to see everyone stepping up their product line and support.

Back