the popemobile is getting tired

This build thread has been so peaceful and full of happiness. Where are you going to mount your down riggers?

my vote is Cannons mounted waaaay forward of the console. that way he can always be looking forward keeping an eye on the rods. Also he should only run 12lb pancake style cannon balls. no more, no less.

He should also troll strictly on the main. the kicker is just to get you home in case of an emergency! there! that should start some crap!:)

This build thread has been so peaceful and full of happiness. Where are you going to mount your down riggers?
You can see the mounts in the pics. Far enough forward that i have a few feet behind to reach the clip. Tbh i wanted them midship so i didnt have to leave the helm to fish but im not sure how well that would work on turns. It would also mess up the side rail positioning. ;)

You can see the mounts in the pics. Far enough forward that i have a few feet behind to reach the clip. Tbh i wanted them midship so i didnt have to leave the helm to fish but im not sure how well that would work on turns. It would also mess up the side rail positioning. ;)
My neck hurts everytime I look at your pics.

Very nice workmanship. Looks like a well thought out design and from what I can see some pretty welds. That boat will be awesome to fish out of for sure. Thanks for the pictures.

my vote is Cannons mounted waaaay forward of the console. that way he can always be looking forward keeping an eye on the rods. Also he should only run 12lb pancake style cannon balls. no more, no less.

He should also troll strictly on the main. the kicker is just to get you home in case of an emergency! there! that should start some crap!:)
Surely it's not too late to discuss outboard vs inboard?

Friday update: Boat will be ready for sea trials on sunday after it gets a wrap. My builder had it out on a local lake this week to go over everything, says hes happy with how everything turned out, not really any major issues except that the kicker seems to idle down if you make a hard turn to port. He says he doesnt think its a kinked fuel hose but it may have something to do with turbulence and the main leg. Im not sure but Ill figure out all its kinks and quirks on sunday when I get my chance. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Friday update: Boat will be ready for sea trials on sunday after it gets a wrap. My builder had it out on a local lake this week to go over everything, says hes happy with how everything turned out, not really any major issues except that the kicker seems to idle down if you make a hard turn to port. He says he doesnt think its a kinked fuel hose but it may have something to do with turbulence and the main leg. Im not sure but Ill figure out all its kinks and quirks on sunday when I get my chance. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Just a thought but maybe something in the way the linkage is rigged in. Maybe it’s pulling on the cable on the hard turn.

Yeah, my kicker sometimes changes rpm on hard over turns. I have always put it down to the throttle cable. It is not such a big issue for me and low on the fixit list.

Back