the popemobile is getting tired

Totally agree,beautiful top to bottom.I 'm curious why you went with a fixed seat rather than the flip back style or pedestals?
Its the way my guide boat is set up. I like it simple and neat, less moving parts, less points of failure. I like to stand or lean most of the time im at the helm anyways, and if I really want to sit Ill be able to sit on top of the leaning post, itll be covered in foam.

Did you ever consider a hard top for the console? I’m sure that would have added a lot of additional expense. Im totally impressed with this build. When do the motors get hung?

I didnt want a hard top CC because I like to tip my rods towards the bow to grab the line when setting it in the clip, and a hard top tends to get in the way of that, among other things. Also with a hard top I cant lean wayyyyy back when I have a fish on like a highsticking googan and make sure everyone around me knows im hooked up to a monster even though its probably just kelp, which is very important as well. :p

The main engine is ready to go on, kicker is sitting beside my pool table right now. Ill take a trip up island next week and hopefully everything will be hung and rigged and ready to rock within 2-3 weeks or at most a month.

It just needs a few more finishing touches, hang the power, and a wrap, then itll be time for sea trials.

The main engine is ready to go on, kicker is sitting beside my pool table right now. Ill take a trip up island next week and hopefully everything will be hung and rigged and ready to rock within 2-3 weeks or at most a month.

It just needs a few more finishing touches, hang the power, and a wrap, then itll be time for sea trials.
Just in time for Christmas.

Winter fishing is a pretty good time around where I live, I ordered the boat around July knowing it wouldnt be ready until Oct-Nov

I didnt want a hard top CC because I like to tip my rods towards the bow to grab the line when setting it in the clip, and a hard top tends to get in the way of that, among other things. Also with a hard top I cant lean wayyyyy back when I have a fish on like a highsticking googan and make sure everyone around me knows im hooked up to a monster even though its probably just kelp, which is very important as well. :p
This made my night.

Can’t wait to test her out with you. Did you swap your pro troll to the new boat or have you done something else for kicker throttle control?

Can’t wait to test her out with you. Did you swap your pro troll to the new boat or have you done something else for kicker throttle control?
I got a dual binnacle at the helm so everything is controlled from there for both engines... key start and power trim as well, fancy! I took the trollmaster off my yamaha before i traded it in

Back