the popemobile is getting tired

Oh baby, that starting to look very nice. You must be excited!
Yes sir!! It looks great so far, possibly even better than I could have imagined. Im heading up next week to talk about some interior design aspects.

Almost time to start thinking about power options and boat names... Ive got a list like 5 pages long of boat name ideas, but given the timing of the build I had an idea the other day - Tintin Quarantino. :rolleyes:

Saw the boat in person today. It looks incredible. Super roomy and beamy and its turning out even better than I had envisioned.

On the down side Ive come to terms with the fact that Im going to need more power than my 90hp yammy can give me. Ill probably sell the popemobile as is (minus kicker), so as of now Im looking for a 150hp 4stroke or bigger. Boat will be ready for power in about 2 weeks, so if you guys have any leads please feel free to post them here.

Not actually naming my boat Beetlejuice, but thats a valid problem with naming a boat. Any name you can dream up has probably been used at some point somewhere. There might even be another boat named the Popemobile floating around somewhere. Probably loaded with bikini-clad ladies, and tubbed out on salmon. :rolleyes:

Not actually naming my boat Beetlejuice, but thats a valid problem with naming a boat. Any name you can dream up has probably been used at some point somewhere. There might even be another boat named the Popemobile floating around somewhere. Probably loaded with bikini-clad ladies, and tubbed out on salmon. :rolleyes:

There’s at least a dozen “Reel Therapy” boat names in Campbell River.also a few “Balls Deep” and a couple of Master- baiters . sooo those are out!

Looking so good cool watching the process.
I named my new boat the Cohovid, stay away haha
Looking forward to watching her, we still allowed to say that? (I Know mine identifies as a HER), haha, to completion, thanks for sharing.

Wow that’s looking sweet. Can’t believe how quick it’s coming along. I’m going to need to get my name on the list of fishing buddies.

Ordered most of the electronics and gadgets, and I think Ive decided on a motor as well. Should be ready to start rigging within a couple weeks.

Settled on a lowrance hook 9 reveal and a suzuki df150atx. Hoping to convert my yamaha t9.9 from tiller to mechanical remote throttle. Gonna have them install a dual throttle binnacle and figure that part out later.

Ill also be listing the popemobile pretty soon.

Exciting times!

Ordered most of the electronics and gadgets, and I think Ive decided on a motor as well. Should be ready to start rigging within a couple weeks.

Settled on a lowrance hook 9 reveal and a suzuki df150atx. Hoping to convert my yamaha t9.9 from tiller to mechanical remote throttle. Gonna have them install a dual throttle binnacle and figure that part out later.

Ill also be listing the popemobile pretty soon.

Exciting times!

Sooo i just remembered my dads old Hourston was named “ The Bonnie Belle” and it got me to thinking , how about “The Bonnie Henry” ? if you have any scottish blood in you it also has a double meaning !

Back