The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

put up a great fight.

bad boy the nice gear won't last that long if you keep laying it on the concrete....lol
sage rod as well what model No????factory rod or custom built

Well, Teja was an inspiration, so I took the day off work and headed to Tunstall this morning for a couple hours not expecting much action. I managed to box one nice little one, and released another barely legal or maybe not. As I had caught the first one 10 minutes earlier, I was still in a good mood and happy to release that fella for another day. Since I don't have a TKO Hot Hans, I used a Green Glow and Flaming Hans on the bottom. It was great to be out on the water but it changed a little when the SW kicked in earlier than forecast. I don't have a scale, so I can't say how heavy it was, but it was a really good scrapper - put up a great fight.

Good Work there Eriks! Glad you're having success!

I managed to box one nice little one, and released another barely legal or maybe not.
Congrats! Great to see and completely distracting ... need to focus on work but now I am only thinking about fishing. Need to watch for a break in the wind and rain on the weekend.

Wildthing
That thing of beauty is a 4110B rod. I did put it down very carefully, but you're right - bad boy, and I won't do that again. It dropped into the water once, when we were heading home...but that's another story entirely...

Wildthing
That thing of beauty is a 4110B rod. I did put it down very carefully, but you're right - bad boy, and I won't do that again. It dropped into the water once, when we were heading home...but that's another story entirely...

well if you ever want to let them go!!!!!
give me a shout as i have a pr of blue mr3's as well be nice a make a triplet....lol

tight lines and good angling

I was out off West Van and the Cap for a couple hours this morning in the rain. Intentionally released one about 22 inches and accidentally "released" a keeper in the low teens ... had a good look at him at the side of the boat and then he took off one last time and spat the hook. There were two guide boats out also ... would be interested to hear how they ended up doing.

so widest girth meaning belly and the other girth is the wrist?

Nope just take your overall length then multiply by the largest girth then multiply that by the that same girth again then divide that by 800

loaded up the wife and 1 daughter and left langley by 8:30, hit the boat and on the water in N/Van by 9:30
dropped crab traps and headed to drop the prawn traps only to find we had been beat to our spot by a bunch of orange bouys,
rather then looking for another spot we decided to turn back and not lose anymore fishing time, back to the cap mouth by 10ish and rods in dragging the bottom, not a touch of anything for a few hours, went through a few spoon changes, finally about 12:30 I switched out the wife and put on a tomic spoon, put a nasty boy on mine and a kingfisher on the daughters, did 1 last pass by the cap before picking up the crab trap and boom my rod goes off, I grab the rod wife goes into hauling gear mode and 5-6 mins later we had a nice little legal bullet on board.
fished another hour with nothing more, picked up the crab traps only to find a bunch of undersize
IMG_0544-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished Saturday around the mouth of the cap. Managed 3 shakers, a small ling, and a keeper chinook for the table. All on a 4" Lyman glow plug right on the bottom. Beautiful day to be out on the water.

It may be time to start a new Post titled "Vancouver Fishing Reports 2012"? Has anyone been out recently? I am looking at hitting the water for the first time in 2012.

Great idea Coho, I started one up for you, now lets go get some fish
Tim

Back