THE OFFICAL LEAD MELT/BARB-Q/ FIESTA FUNDRAISER!!!! JUNE 2nd

You can make it come on man. It's only one day out of the year for a good cause. If your fishing shame on you:D!

I have a course all day in Nanaimo tomorrow. If i cross paths with Lorne ill try to find a prize to donate. Pm sent lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
Lorne and company, unfortunately I will not be able to make it up there this weekend. Nice to see that others have stepped up and donated prizes. I wish you all the best and hope you raise lots of money for this great cause.

I just stuck a magnet to the 'lead' I have and it stuck, so I guess im out. Unless I can rassel up enough ye ol cannon ballz. :(

I received Foxsea's package today by courier. Great stickers and donation. Thank you big time Jim!!!

These will be for sale at the melt. Better come and get em.

IMG_2550.jpg

I finally finished FA's pot today and will bring it with me in the morning. Still prototyping but getting better with input from folks.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

This unit will help out a lot tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Ah John that thing is Frickin' deadly!

Well a big thanks to FA mr Owen May, we (mostly him) cranked out another 22 15lbers, which brings our pre pour total to around 50 15LBERs. I still have 200lbs left to be melted in to 10's and 12's ( dont worry i didnt for get about you guys that pm'd me about it) and all other little stuff. Plus the lead donated by others. I think we have every mold covered. If you have the lead we can turn into anything you want :)

Also Hook tender is bringing all his gear, so we will have three pots rocking and badd dogg donated his torch so we will have 2 torches to get the lead melted fast(leaving more time to drink). I also picked up 30 burgers and 70 or so dogs, plus buns and topping and fixing. I bet i have close to grand of my own money invested in this bad boy, so THANK YOU so much to everyone who has supported us so far, and i look foward to meeting many of you tomorrow.

Last thing is the raffle will be drawn at 4pm. you MUST be present to win a prize and the prize table is unreal ( just added some water bottles, duffle bags, a cooler, and a bottle of tequila) to go with everything john has wrangled up.

Man i am stoked!!

Lorne

LP. FYI
GLG and me will be there around 1 ish with cash in hand.
Git er done boys.

I received Foxsea's package today by courier. Great stickers and donation. Thank you big time Jim!!!

The thanks are due to you guys for coordinating, organizing, donating and generally making it happen!
I'm thinking this Fundraiser will be a winner! I really wish I could be there - sounds like great fun coming right up!

Next time ya want to have a fundraiser can you find someything lighter to sell? Like flies....This is like weight lifting. :)

Truck is loaded.......

Just got home from the lead melt. Was great time and no one got hurt or to drunk :). First and for most Thank you SO much to John(Sculpin) for making the trek up from nanaimo and bringing up alot of the raffle prizes, supplying the propane, the safety gear, fabricating the pots, and running the barby. And also a big thanks to FA Owen for sitting in front of a pot for hours yesterday and today to make this happen. Was an ok showing(12-15 guys) considering the importance of the issue i thought there would have been alot more... but we did recieve some money and prizes from people that couldnt make it. And the people that did come and people who donated before came with deep pockets. We raised $1030, through lead sales, burgers, dogs, sticker sales, raffle and im still collecting money from kelly and Island girl. I will make a donation at the end of the week on behalf of the SFBC Lead melt crew once i get together the rest of the money. i have about 10 15lb balls and a few 12 lbers left that are for sale for this cause. We also have quite a few of Jim`s(Foxseas) stickers left for $5 a piece. These things are awesome! If anyone is interested pm me and i will get them to you this week. I plan to make the donation via

http://www.gofundme.com/SalmonDiseaseTestingFund

On friday, or when i move the rest of these balls, whatever comes first. If you would like to make a $$$ donation before friday go to the website posted above and in the comments put on behalf of the SFBC lead melt.

Thank you so much for everyone that donated to the raffle, donated time, donated money, donated lead, donated molds took one after noon off of fishing to support what i consider the NUMBER 1 problem OUR salmon are up against.

There was probably around 30 people involved one way or another, so thank you to all of you( i wont name them all at the risk of forgetting someone :))

Lorne

Thanks to Lorne and the crew who helped out and donated. Great fundraiser.
Good to meet some new guys and say hi to some of the usuall suspects.
I won the bullet proof crab trap and will have a report in a couple weeks.
Time to go fishing and bloody up that boat Lorne.

I want to send a huge thank you to Lorne for organizing the event. I want to thank everyone big time that came to help out. I want to also thank everyone that donated the great prizes that were raffled off. The turn out was not stellar but you know what.... we came more than ready for at least 40 people and we tried our butts off to get this thing together. We managed to raise quite a bit and I am sure we could raise more in the future. I am not giving up. I have no regrets and if anything want to try to raise more money for the cause. It was a start of hopefully something great. I know I sparked the party thing but Lorne took it by the horns so to speak. Kudos to you Lorne for this fundraising idea.

I took some liberty in taking a few photos of the event in between flipping burgers.

The set up for a couple of pouring stations (we had a whole other station ready if folks would have showed).

IMG_2552.jpg

The prize table.

IMG_2553.jpg

The kitchen all set up ready for an army of folks.

IMG_2554.jpg

The typical pouring scene.

IMG_2558.jpg

Back