THE OFFICAL LEAD MELT/BARB-Q/ FIESTA FUNDRAISER!!!! JUNE 2nd

Quick up date..

Todd aka Firelight on the site just EMT'd me $300 for 12 balls. Earlier today recieved a preorder for another 6 balls. I personally have about 320ish pounds to melt, which is 25 ish balls, i have 10 or so already poured, which is 35 with all the proceeds going to Alex, Owen is gonna sell some of his with a portion going to the cause. Between us we will probably have excess of 50 or so cannon balls(15lbers not including what ever else size we pour and all the jigging stuff), which might sound like alot but at 4 balls a piece which it seems like most people are wanting to grab at a time they are going to go quick. so i would suggest if you dont have your own lead to melt but want in on the cannon balls to get there early, or reserve some.

Thanks for the donation todd!!

Ps. john you have to take 12 balls down to with you back to nanaimo :)

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my PM's this morning. By the sounds of it I may be testing out the payload in my truck LOL!!!

Sounds like this thing is really taking off! Great job guys! I'm sure Alex M could use some extra support and it looks like this event will do exactly that.

Cudos!

-NIck

Sounds like this thing is really taking off! Great job guys! I'm sure Alex M could use some extra support and it looks like this event will do exactly that.

Cudos!

-NIck

Yeah it sounds like it will be a fun event for sure Nick. Thank you again for the molds and lead as they are a great donation.

I just received a surprise gift from Albernifisher for the raffle. Most folks will want this one! Guess you have to show up to win it.

Thank you Gary.

Cheers,
John

I just received a surprise gift from Albernifisher for the raffle. Most folks will want this one! Guess you have to show up to win it.

Thank you Gary.

Cheers,
John

Thata boy!! thank you sir! People have been reserving balls left and right, so im going to pick up a few hundred more pounds of lead tomorrow.

Lorne

Here are some pic's of some of the prizes to get folks motivated to come to this fun event.

Here is the bomb proof $149.00 dollar crab trap the Harbour Chandler donated.

Untitled-1.jpg

Here is the Russian Love that Albernifisher graciously donated this evening (not a surprise anymore BWTH).

Untitled-3.jpg

I opted for this contraption to donate instead of the buck knives as I thought it was more suiting for marine needs. Pretty cool wind meter and air temperature meter valued at $120.00 bucks.

Untitled-4.jpg

This is just a taste of some of the awesome prizes that folks and company's have donated that will be raffled off at the event. I really hope a lot of folks change their plans and come to this event. It's events like this that help battle for our future. Many have been held and I hope many will continue to be held in the future. We had a really bad cabin fever session this winter with quite a few valuable members not participating on the forum anymore. I hope events like this one can regain the faith and comradery of our fellow fisher people and to help the communication be more positive in the future.

Cheers,
John

Here is a shot of the mold's that Finished Business graciously donated for the cause. (We will look after them buddy). Some of the unused lead balls for remelting can be seen in the lower part of the shot.

IMG_2539.jpg

We can't thank you enough Nick for this donation.

I have secured a 12 lb. cannon ball mold as well and another pourer that knows his stuff for sure. We are all ready to go. This is going to be fun folks. Show up if you can.

Cheers,
John

Regarding invitation to our up-coming Lead-melt - Barbecue - Fiesta Fundraiser, Alex says: "I have to get back to viral tracking but I REALLY appreciate that you are doing this to keep our work going!"

Classy lady!

Back