THE OFFICAL LEAD MELT/BARB-Q/ FIESTA FUNDRAISER!!!! JUNE 2nd

Lorne, I have several smaller weights of various sizes that I don't use, all less than a pound. I will donate them to the cause hoping someone may want to buy them. I also have a 15 lb lead diving weight ( not sure where it came from) that you can
have to melt down. I will then be looking to purchase a 12 lb. cannonball or two. A buddy of mine from Duncan will likely be coming and will in probably want to buy a few also.

Hoping to take Bart ( chipstealer ) up on his generous offer of a ride.

Please advise if you will need my tiger torch. Cheers

Has anyone invited Alex?

I have not. However she is more then welcome to stop by obviously!

hahaha

And yes bad dogg please bring your tiger torch. We do have 1 but 2 would be better! As far as the wieghts go, if you would like them melted down into something more useful we can do that too!

We have over 20 people now confirmed with double that on the fence for one reason or another. Shaping up to be a great time for a great cause!

Lorne

No thoughts on the old window lead for melting weather its pure enough? I have about 100 pounds. What about old cannon balls etc I found a stash of about 15 15lbers. If we bring our own to remelt with new eyes do we still pay full price? Im still on the fence because its along way. Trying to organize a camping trip to coincide.

If you want to remelt your own lead, go right ahead!! There is zero cost, other then making a donation to the cause and that donation is up to you. We have the equipment on site. If its suspect the pourer may not melt it for you thats about it, but that doesnt stop you from melting it yourself when you are there. Window lead is usually decent in my experience.

I would melt old window lead. Can tell just by looking at it if it good to use. I don't see it being bad lead. All old lead and remelts need to start off in a cold pot to limit damage to others satnding close by. :)

Right now I have the 1st thru the 3rd off. Fingers Crossed........

Just got a PM from Finished Business. The sacred molds will be picked up on Wednesday morning. Pour on brothers pour on!

Just got a PM from Finished Business. The sacred molds will be picked up on Wednesday morning. Pour on brothers pour on!

They should keep a pot or two busy.

It doesn't look like I can make it though, so the molds will have to do their part, as I would only be good for consumption of liquid goods ;) With the boat project rolling along, and pet/house sitting for 3 weeks in the beginning of June, my schedule/pocket wont allow it. It would have been a good chance to meet a lot of the people on this forum, working together for a good cause!

Wish everyone the best at this event. My applause to Lorne and John for doing so much to make this happen.

Nick -FB-

Thank you big time Nick for this donation to the cause. It really is a major part of it. Kudos man.

Cheers,
John

i dont really know anything about lead. I read up a bit on it on a yank site didnt get much info other then to take a magent to it to see if you can feel if it picks up any steel in it. what are you guys thoughts? worth trying I dont want to harm any one some how.

Anything that is not lead will float to the top. Like owen said if you look at it and say" there is no way i would melt that" then you probably shouldnt hahaha. BUt Window lead is usally pretty good.

Lorne

Hey Doug, I'll give you a call tonight.

Lorne

Remember folks this is this coming saturday!! starts at noon sharp and will go till whenver. BUT the gate will only be open from noon till 5. Bring $$$ or lead to be melted, bring a few beers, a lawn chair, some food for the babry if you wanna eat, and get ready for an epic bs session.

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lorne,

Got any extra floor space where a Lad might roll out a thermarest?
Kinda think I have something up for next weekend, but it ain't coming to mind, so toying with the idea of wandering up. Been a spell.
Should know in the next few days.
If I'm coming and anyone from Port area needs a ride, just say the word...

Cheers,
Nog

Nog if LP can't accommodate there are plenty of guy's up here that can.
If others are being held back by no place to stay.
Well I'm sure we could find room, just post and someone will offer.
As for me... I could bunk up two guy's at my house and be a DD.
GLG

Back