The 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout!

Thats awesome ! Hope that massive fleet can get on the tuna , was a tough go lastweekend, wishing plentiful tuna for everyone envolved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rolling back in now. Great day out there. Scratchy fishing as we expected but stellar weather. Everyone spread out at the start and eventually the fleet zeroed in on a patch of fish off the west end of Loudon. The top boat landed around 16-17 but the grade was pretty small. There was another unidentified hookup with the Trophy Hunter going to battle with a biggie. After a while the fish sounded deep and eventually spooled them. That's one of the exciting parts of this fishery, you never know what you'll hit. Lots of whales, blue sharks, sunfish and porpoises. Water was warm where the fish were at 64 degrees. Will try to post up who the leader is before I hit the rack.

Just rolling back in now. Great day out there. Scratchy fishing as we expected but stellar weather. Everyone spread out at the start and eventually the fleet zeroed in on a patch of fish off the west end of Loudon. The top boat landed around 16-17 but the grade was pretty small. There was another unidentified hookup with the Trophy Hunter going to battle with a biggie. After a while the fish sounded deep and eventually spooled them. That's one of the exciting parts of this fishery, you never know what you'll hit. Lots of whales, blue sharks, sunfish and porpoises. Water was warm where the fish were at 64 degrees. Will try to post up who the leader is before I hit the rack.

any black fins around?

There was a 39 lber caught just west of where those guys were on Friday

What a great pic!

Just west of the big bank

Joking ;)

Attachments

• IMG_5911.jpg
    IMG_5911.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 409
After a while the fish sounded deep and eventually spooled them.

DFO says ORCA

Crabby why ask question let alone start a thread on it if you are all knowing?! Your a beaut! Ah yes the type who really contribute on this forum and have turned it into what it has become. Nice work!

Last edited by a moderator:
We bin all over the place.
8d68b377ed7bf34b652186850c0d1821.jpg

Keep the reports coming please.:D You have my attention!!!

What an amazing/dreamy west coast september evening. Breathtaking!!!! Looks like a nice run in for those out there tonight.

Back