The 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout!

Looks like the 1000 fathom line is still the place to go. Hopefully it moves in a bit for Saturday. Getting pretty stoked and it's hard to concentrate on work right now lol :p.

Just talked to Doug from Breakers Marine they said they will have gear for sale and salt ice for $20 for 3 5 gallon pail or $ 7 for one pail at the Gvt. dock and store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard (via BD forum) of some Blue Fins showing up in Washington and overall good fishing in the last week. I'm headed out for a tuna charter off Oregon this weekend, although I'd rather be in the shoot out from Bamfield. Good luck to you all, I'm looking forward to hearing the highlights.

Mills has lots of salt ice, 3 - 5 gal. pails for 20 bucks and 20 lb. bags for 10 bucks ( that's a little more than a 5 gal. pail )

Let's get this shoot out started. Leaving for Bamfield in just over an hour. Good luck to everyone and safe travels.

We will see everyone at the Beam tonight for the BBQ; trying to get off work early to get up there before all the steaks are gone isn't going to be easy! Let the tourney begin and good luck and safe travels for all participants.

We will see everyone at the Beam tonight for the BBQ; trying to get off work early to get up there before all the steaks are gone isn't going to be easy! Let the tourney begin and good luck and safe travels for all participants.

I'll put a couple aside for you guys :cool:.

Here's to a safe and fun tourney. Good luck everyone. See you all soon.

Cheers,
John

What an awesome event! Look forward to the reports! Lots of pics please! Hope to one day participate...

See u guys up there Monday..Have a good one tonight and good hunting this weekend... I figure the long fins will show up there about Tuesday...:)-

Suns out and the keg is on ice! Warmed up for the derby this morning on Coho at the harbour mouth with lots of solo double headers.

Snapped a few pics of one of our local Blackies

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck boys, hope the Tuna gods are on your side. Will be there Wednesday withe the Hardy crew, can't wait!

Back