The 18th Annual Just for the Halibut Derby

Ill be out there bobbing around,remember to wave hello as you slow down to mark my spot on the gps...haha jk

I'm in...and this is where i'll be fishin. Where will everyone else be? Please provide coordinates, especially you guides. lol
Will do fish tank, I remember your pictures from an earlier post. Haha
gapa4uny.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be out there looking for the elusive 132.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 cm. hali :D

Are there any prizes that we need to be at the final weigh in to win or will all winners be contacted?

Forecasted winds look light at this point :)

Why'd you have to go jinx us Craven? Forecast has gotten worse each day this week. Advantage big boats for sure us little guys will all be tucked away somewhere. Good luck to all but more importantly stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any prizes that we need to be at the final weigh in to win or will all winners be contacted?

You should be there if you win one of the top three prizes. They do try to contact other prize winners, but sometimes, the info on the ticket stubbs is inaccurate, (i.e. wrong phone numbers, name,
or email).

I'm thinking hidden weight or other draw prizes...

You guys know its Mother's Day right? We are all probably in enough crap taking off fishing all weekend I'm hoping to not have to spend the afternoon standing around waiting to see if I'm the lucky one drawn when I should be pampering the mrs.

If I'm top 3 and guaranteed cash ill be there but for hidden weight or any other draws I was hoping being present is not required. Maybe post winners on Facebook?

Yeah was anticipating flat calm weather, now this!! Tough to plan anything these days when the forecasts are so off. Oh well it is what it is, good luck to everyone.

Out past Constance right now can't see any other boats?current is unfishable right now at 1.2 kt???well at least I got my spot I guess

Started out by the boarder bank at five am,current was un fishable till about 830 my scotchmAn was almost completely underwater with the large waves it was not pretty. At about 930 or ten we pulled the anchor,it was getting a little too hairy with the waves. Tucked in behind discovery,I have never fished around so many boats with more pulling up closer and closer. Caught 1 20lber in the first ten minutes then lost anouther at the bottom. My anchor must have gotten stuck on a rock and my zap strap releases would brake for some reason. Got it up after a few got pulls in different directions.

Why did they have the derby this weekend I found the currents real ****** today and its even going to be worse tomarrow(still going to give er a try but deff not getting out there early)

We found a fishable spot out of the wind and had a great day. 3 to the boat and one long line release. The three we landed were high teens so nothing to brag about. Unfortunately my shift cable broke back at the dock so the leaders can rest easy - We won't be out to catch the winner tomorrow.

174 halibut weighed in at the derby. Top halibut was 70.9 lbs and halibut were caught in all parts of area 19 & 20. Lots of pictures on the Island Outfitters facebook page.

Managed 1 on Saturday, Sunday we lost one at the boat trying to measure the stupid thing, it was just under...flipped his head a couple of times and was gone. We ended up getting 3 more bang bang bang at about 1:45. Saw fish tank go by us Saturday looking for a spot, that boat is pretty obvious. The currents were ripping Saturday at Discovery but pretty productive weekend for us but no hardware or cash.

Back