Telegraph Cove

Beacon

Will heading up to Telegraph Cove next month just wondering if there are any reports on how the prawning and crabing have been. Probably to early for a salmon report will try closer to departure date Fathers Day weekend.

Beacon

IMG_16.jpg

Hey Sitka our group is heading up to Alder Bay for a week this yr starting on the 14th June we gotta have a chat or meet up this time maybe your wife will let you away for a day and you can join us. TTYL

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by CC Charters

Hey Sitka our group is heading up to Alder Bay for a week this yr starting on the 14th June we gotta have a chat or meet up this time maybe your wife will let you away for a day and you can join us. TTYL

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

Send me an email with dates and such and I will jump on board. If it is during the week, the wife doesn't mind as she is working and I can get time off when ever I want. The weekend is a different story....sometimes.:D;)

Look forward to meeting up.

Do you and Beacon also realize that we all have roughly the same avatar.........what up with that type of pict????:)

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Hi, A couple of buddies and I are heading up next Wednesday to fish telegraph cove area. Good to hear a few salmon are around and we will be trying for a couple of hali's. I'll post when I get back. Hope the winds are not too bad...

Cheers, Rob

PS: Has the commerical boy's been hitting Georgian's Banks as they did hard last year? Read that is was slow and you had to work for 1. But I'd be happy with one.... :)

quote:Originally posted by Marsman

Hi, A couple of buddies and I are heading up next Wednesday to fish telegraph cove area. Good to hear a few salmon are around and we will be trying for a couple of hali's. I'll post when I get back. Hope the winds are not too bad...

Cheers, Rob

PS: Has the commerical boy's been hitting Georgian's Banks as they did hard last year? Read that is was slow and you had to work for 1. But I'd be happy with one.... :)

Hey Rob

Yes they have been pounding it pretty hard, same as Taylor. Better to fish around the back side of Malcolm.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

quote:Originally posted by Marsman

Cheers, Rob

Hey Rob

Yes they have been pounding it pretty hard, same as Taylor. Better to fish around the back side of Malcolm.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers

quote:Originally posted by Charlie

Nice... "I did some trolling on the north shore of Malcolm Island and managed to pick up a nice teener chinook as well as a 20-pound Atlantic salmon that must have escaped from a farm. 20-pound Atlantic salmon", that's a pretty big "Atlantic", isn't it? How often that happen?

Hey Charlie

I didn't say that they told the truth...:);)

Just that there was one.

I thought the same thing, but I really do not care if it was 20 lbs or 2 lbs, good to see some Atlantics surviving.......;););)[:p]

Will wait to see if there is an editorial about that fish....

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Will be in Telegraph Cove to-day for a week any reports salmon and halibu

Thanks

Sitkaspruce I will give you a call

Beacon

IMG_16.jpg

Not to hijack the thread but where would be a good place to stay in Telegraph Cove if I had a 17' boston whaler with me?

Joe

A couple of years ago we stayed at the resort and they were doing construction. Didn't care aboput us at all just made noise and dust, and the septic just stunk. We bailed out early and they just didn't care. Go to the older resort,much nicer people.

It is scratch fishing at it finest out there.

Some guys are hitting some fish, others are not.

Picked up a teener today and released a couple sub teens. The fish seem to be either a teener or a large. Heard a bit of chatter today from some folks who were into some nice fish. So they are out there.

Back at her tomorrow.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

SS group just got back from our trip first two days blew like hell GPS probs last three days were OK definately hit and miss we picked up six Halis biggest 55 lbs one nice ling and a 20 lb spring. Didnt try for Salmon much but boy was he a scrapper had 2 others on bigger snapped off rookies on the reels!! Overall except for the first 2 days it was a nice trip definately a beautiful back yard to fish in!!!

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

Fishing is picking up.

Yesterday a buddy of mine picked up a couple fish in the 20's plus a nice chicken, another got a fish in the 20's, a teener and a hali. I picked up a 30 and a Vampire.

The guides were hitting some fish as well.

It is still a bit of a scratch fishing expedition, but it looks like things are picking up.

Duffer

No worries, there is always next time....

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Just back from Telegraph Cove. Four of us brought back 15 springs 18 to 33 lbs 4 day fishing. The weather was unbelievable water like glass all day 5:00 am till dark and very little rain. Commercial prawn boats moved into Beaver Cove and long linners were out on the banks. There were a few nice size halibut brought in. will be back up their August long weekend.

Sitkaspruce miss your e-mail will call this week.

Beacon

IMG_16.jpg

Was great fishing on saturday, heard of some guys getting limits. Lots of boats. I ended up getting 2 springs, 1 20 and 1 about 13. Hoping today is like yesterday!

Yak

Back